INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER (ICT)Source the guardian,17th May 2016
With the ultimate goal to improve the health and well-being of women and children in the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania, an upcoming initiative will make significant contributions to ensuring that women and children in these areas have greater access to skilled midwifery care now and in the future. A new Jhpiego-Ied project will support the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children [henceforth referred to as MOH) to fulfill national priorities for maternal and newborn survival and address inadequate numbers and inequitable distribution of human resources of health for midwifery care go
An affiliate of Johns Hopkins University
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit an experienced ICT professional to be part of this exciting new initiative.
Information and Communication Officer (ICT) - [1 Position, based in Mwanza]
Position Overview: The ICT officer will serve as part of a Jhpiego Tanzania support team, including local selected service providers in Mwanza on an as-needed and contractual basis as well. The ICT officer will leverage and protect the ICT assets of Jhpiego in Mwanza including the human skills, data, equipment and services, and will work in collaboration with ICT colleagues at the Country Office in Dar es Salaam.
• University degree or equivalent in Computer Studies/Computer Engineer/Information Technology
• Expert user of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications in Windows Server 2008 /2012 with VMware ESXlESXI technology
• Cisco Certified Network Associate / Routing & Switching (CCNA R/S) certification
• Policies and usage of reporting utilities present in the server operating system
• At least 2years experience in network administration and workstation support, preferably in an international environment.
• Ability to communicate technical information understandably, both orally and in writing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes
• Excellent organizational skills
• Willingness to travel
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope ,Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resources
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 31st May, 2016.