VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR:
LOCATION: Zanzibar, Dar-es-Salaam, Morogoro, Iringa, Mtwara and Ruvuma
The person for this position is responsible for assisting the Administration Manager in managing general activities of the Office Administration.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities for the Administrative Assistantmay vary but typically s/he will:
• deal with incoming and outgoing posts;
• primary phone coverage i.e. first to answer all incoming calls;
• cover reception duties, like greeting and attending to visitors as necessary;
• type up documents, filing letters and reports as may be guided by the Supervisor;
• Assisting Administration Manager in setting up meetings & conferences i.e. assists participants registration, preparation of packets, badges and delegates materials etc.;
• taking minutes during meetings;
• stock take and re-order office supplies
• make travel arrangements for staff.
• Be familiar with functions of Administration Manager so as to enable her/him assume the duties in her absence;
• May be called upon to assist with special assignment and assume responsibility of overseeing / administering a specific task as needed;
• Keeping records of utilities, luku, generator fuel, water, etc and advise Administration Manager
• Provide support on logistic assistance to the Administrative Manager
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree in Business Administration with at least one (01) yearworking experience at the level of Administration support in a reputable organization;
• Must have formal training in office procedure and use of office equipment. Experience in Microsoft Office is preferred;
• Pleasant telephone manner i.e. sharp thinking when dealing with a caller; customer service oriented;
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Must have ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing for both Kiswahili and English languages;
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required;
• Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times;
• Team player, trustworthy and responsible.
Please email your CV/Resume and Cover Letter only to:firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline is May 24, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V