RE-ADVERTISEDTAHAFresh handling is a limited liability company by shares owned jointly by the Tanzania
horticultural association (TAHA) and exporters of horticultural products in Tanzania. TAHAFresh has
been in business since year 2008, handling exports at Kilimanjaro int’ I airport; Julius Nyerere
International airport and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to various destinations in Europe,
mainly Holland. So far we are the highest contributors to the exportation of horticultural products
from shippers who are our sole supporters and owners of the company.
This gives TAHAFresh the critical edge in knowledge of conditions on the ground, as well as respect
for each product’s needs and particularities. Combined with this, TAHAFresh operates as professional
logicians linked to and afflicted with the international standard setters such as IATA. TAHAFresh
specializes in horticulture logistics, in the lines of airfreight forwarding, sea freight forwarding,
trucking (specialty in refrigerated trucking) and customs clearing & forwarding.
The Company is looking for dynamic and experienced Tanzanians to fill the below vacancy. The
chosen candidate will be stationed in the TAHAFresh Head offices in Arusha.
LOGISTICS MANAGER - 1 POST
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Male/Female, Age 30-50
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics Management/ Clearing and Forwarding or related fields. Masters degree is an added advantage.
- 5 - 10 years working experience in Air Freight / Sea Freight or any related fields
- Good Knowledge of customs tariff / taxation in logistic industry
- Good command of English and computer skills.
- Good presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Good negotiable skill and able to work under pressure.
- Service minded enthusiastic, good attitude for all business opportunity.
Only email application with the position title placed in the subject line is accepted. Please send
your application to email@example.com. Please note that application deadline is 19th
May 2016 and ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
1. Cover letter describing your interest
2. Curriculum vitae with names and telephone contacts of three referees.
3. Copies of relevant certificates