care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business by 2020 while halving our
Every day, around the world, people drink cups of tea. Our brands are trusted everywhere and we've
grown to become one of the world's most successful fast moving consumer goods companies.
Unilever values employee engagement and development by providing vital and relevant professional
experiences. In Unilever, we give you a career.
Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited is a plantation company operating under Unilever Tea, East Africa
(UTEA). UTTL employs over 5,500 employees whose safety and security are very important to the
Job Title: Human Resource Service Delivery Specialist
We are currently looking to hire Human Resource Service Delivery Specialist for our Tanzania business
(HR Department). This role will be office based and requires candidates with knowledge for the job. If you are looking for a career in Unilever then you are the person we are looking for.
Department: Human Resources Department
Job Position: Human Resource Service Delivery Specialist (1 Posts)
Reports to: Human Resource Business Partner
Business Context & Main Purpose
To Deliver Human Resource Service Delivery Support to Unilever Tea Tanzania.
Duties and responsibilities of AHRBP
1. Manages Human Resources Transactional Activities on Site and Acts as the Single point of
contact for employee queries/concerns.
- Provide HR administrative & transactional services (build specifics)
- Receive general HR queries, inquiries and provide answers, resolve & close
- Direct queries, inquiries to HRO/SDC work stream specialists, line management, in accordance with the operating framework
- Keep records of all issues & problems
- Escalate issues to the relevant work stream specialist & problems to HRO/SDM
UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITED
2. Coordinates general Human Resource Operations such as Recruitment/Resourcing and
- Distribute induction / on-boarding packs
- Confirm vacancy in structure / establishment & ensure relevant authority /approved requisitioning process
- Advertise / source as appropriate i.e advertise, data bank, institutions, 3p recruiting agencies etc
- Receive, (scan) & submit applications to specialist
- Organize learning venues for local programmer
- Distribute learning materials
- Activate other work stream instructions as may be given by the relevant specialists from time to time
3. Management of employee’s Leave and plays a custodial role for general employee information.
4. Assist the HRO in organizing and coordinating annual Human Resources activities such as
Annual Performance Development Plan , Annual Policy Compliance Activities, work permit
processes and passports etc
5. Responsible for Service quality according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and collects HR
Services metrics and measurements and reports.
6. Provide effective communication channel for both external and internal users i.e job seekers,
suppliers and vendors (current and potential)
7. Plays advisory role on application of Labour Laws; Workmen’s Compensation Act and
Collective Bargaining Agreement and support activations and implementation of HR policies
8. Responsible for Administration of Day Care Centres.
9. Responsible for administration of all Union matters, meetings and welfare.
10. Escalate all unresolved issues and problems to HRO and the SDM
11. Adhere to Finance and SHEQ policies & procedures.
- All SDC specialists
- Line Managers
- Users – (external & Internal)
- Suppliers & Vendors
1. Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or its equivalent.
2. 3 Years experience
3. Relevant knowledge in resourcing and learning
All applications should be sent to the address or email below on or before 10th June 2016. Eligible
candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter.
UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITED
Dar es Salaam