UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
The Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (UONGOZI Institute), was established by the Government of Tanzania in 2010. The Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organizes high-level policy forums and dialogues, provides technical support to the government and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
UONGOZI Institute seeks a dynamic and energetic person for the position of an Events Coordinator with sound experience in organizing and coordinating high-level events.
The position of Events Coordinator is placed in the Communications Unit, and reports to the Communications Manager.
The Events Coordinator will play a vital role in ensuring smooth implementation of UONGOZI Institute’s events. She/he will take the full responsibility for all practical arrangements prior, during and after the events. More specifically, the Events Coordinator will:
- Based on the internal clients’ requirements, prepare a detailed plan for the event organization, including an action plan with responsibilities, timelines and budget.
- Act as the primary contact point for participants (on logistical issues) from receipt of invitations to the conclusion of the event.
- Coordinate the implementation of the events.
- Manage and track event budget in consultation with the internal client.
- Manage outsourced parts of the event organization and logistics (hotels, venues, transport, flights, etc.).
- Coordinate the preparation of branded and other relevant material for the event.
- Procure and manage the various vendors required for events.
- Coordinate the logistical arrangements for the production of interviews to be filmed for UONGOZI Institute’s TV programmes.
- Work closely with the Communications team in producing and disseminating event outputs.
- Organize post-event evaluation and prepare reports on the event organization in collaboration with the respective department.
- Performing any other duties or assignments as directed by his/her supervisor.
Skills / Competencies Required
Project management skills
Time management skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team
Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
Qualifications and Experience
At the minimum, the Events Coordinator should have:
A Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in coordinating and organizing events; including high profile, high publicity events.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is an essential requirement.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit:
An application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) with email and phone details.
Contact details for three referees.
Scanned/certified copies of certificates.
Your application must be received by 31st May 2016 using the contact information below:
Chief Executive Officer,
62 Msasani Road, Oysterbay,
P.O. Box 105753,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,
We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants. UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer.