Our Client; is a private liability Pan- African Company with headquarters in Dar es salaam,Tanzania.The company provides a comprehensive range of products and services relating to water treatment chemicals,weste water treatment,water meters,valves,pipes,water pumps,fittings,agriculture,and composite manhole covers. Hurry and send your cv via email@example.com before 14th May,2016.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Immediate Supervisor: Managing Director
General Position Summary: The Financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of the finance team, monitor the accounting and finance departments' policies and procedures, set budgets, provide guidance on complex tax and compliance issues, contribute to the financial strategy discussions at the company and maintains a sound accounting and financial management system in accordance with Junaco Tanzania rules and regulations.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented. May also perform cash management functions and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, Payroll and bank reconciliation functions.
- You are responsible for establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures. This includes reviewing and approving all invoices to be paid, as well as reviewing accounts receivable aging reports. You are also responsible for coordinating with external tax accountants for income tax preparation and auditors who prepare internal audits of the company. This includes keeping company records organized and readily available for audit.
Financial Planning and Reporting:
- You are responsible for all banking and finance activities. This includes negotiating lines of credit and vendor agreements, as well as reviewing all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies. Responsible for providing accurate and comprehensive financial information to Managing Director for long-term financial strategizing. You will be required to fulfill this responsibility as well; in any case, you must provide crucial financial data and work with executive management to coordinate all financial planning functions with business operations.
- In addition to financial reporting, you must be skilled at in-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions. Must be proficient in spreadsheet design that is often complex. While MD is responsible for finalizing financial policy, your financial analysis skills are instrumental in helping to assess risk, analyze efficiency and inform policy decisions made by the board management.
Daily duties include:
- Management of the finance function and overseeing or supervise the finance team.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of Monthly Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Preparation of letter of credits (LC’s) to clients and suppliers
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Overseeing the Payroll process
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Carry out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to you by the managing director.
Preferred Skills required:
- A formal accounting education and membership with any accounting body
- Commercial enterprise managerial reporting experience is must
- Good ability to motivate, develop and manage team and efficiency to work with other similar staff
- Technical and functional skills in financial controlling
- Resilient Customer focus and strong analytical and financial skills
- Good Communication skills and exhibit excellent professional ethics
A Bachelor degree in Accountancy,or commerce,equivalent from recognized university/ institution
Possession of post graduate degree, CPA
At least five (5) years experience in senior management position
Able to use effectively computerized integrated financial Management System (Palladium system)
Position to be stationed: DAR-ES-SALAAM
Age: 35 Above
Type of Job: Permanent
Working hours /days: 6-Full days and Saturday half day.
Lunch at the office
Transport allowance of 100,000 monthly
Number of References Required: 3
Deadline is 14th May, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after deadline