Standard Chartered Bank
Job Vacancy : Head Assets Liabilities Management
To lead the ALM Desk in the implementation of its strategy for optimum management of the country Balance Sheet and liquidity, as well as price risk mismatches, assuming overall responsibility for Money Market activities, including: *The day-to-day and prudent management of the liquidity position in the country, including the day-to-day compliance with Group Policies and Guidelines, Local Regulatory requirements, local payment system and intraday liquidity requirements. *The maintenance of the bank's presence in the inter-bank market to aid funding and investment activities. *The management of both revenue and cost budgets -This role entails managing multiple treasury risk including liquidity risk, market access risk, maturity concentration risk and interest rate risk across of the Bank -The e job holder must also ensure the bank is adequately funded and has a funding strategy to meet planned asset/ liabilities growth within other SCB business's and unanticipated contingencies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy *Ensure Statutory (both FSA and local regulation) Liquidity requirements and internal Group Limits are adhered to *To draft and defend the ALM Tanzania strategy as part of the SCB TZ Country strategy as well as implementing the same as well as other assignments as decided by country ALCO *Lead the way in the ALCO forum through active participation, providing ALCO members with timely balance sheet analysis and market information, ensuring other ALCO members are always engaged in an up-to-date balance sheet strategy that compliments the bank's revenues aspirations Business *Monitoring and managing the Bank's investment portfolio including Government securities, Bills re-discounted, Repos/Reverse Repos, Interbank placements, foreign currency placements etc by investing at the most profitable rate as well as strictly monitoring BOT counter-party and trading limits. Complete transaction records, interest income/expenses etc, reconcile to Treasury Operations records, and report on achievements and outstanding issues at required frequencies, as appropriate to the product traded. *Obtain maximum business benefit from using the information technology systems available for effecting and recording transactions, for interacting with treasury operations and risk control, and for acquiring the knowledge needed for good job performance Processes *Observe controls in the ALM Tanzania processes for Trade Initiation, Execution & Capture *Observe the controls in the ALM Tanzania processes for Liquidity & Investment Management *Manage daily liquidity ensuring adherence to all internal and external limits *Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required *Ensure that all lending and investing decisions are made within GMR and Credit Limits People and Talent *Enhance the reputation in the Markets, through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism, and developing Bank's mutually beneficial working relationships with authorities, customers, agents, advisers, counter-parties etc *Ensure Travel& Entertainment related expenses comply with policy. This includes, where required, pre-approval of client entertainment exceeding prescribed thresholds *Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners Risk Management *To ensure the Bank meets it's daily requirements through funding the positions as expected. *Ensure portfolio owners are responsible for all trades booked to ALM portfolios. Deal should not be booked to unauthorised portfolios/ accounts *Ensure any operational losses are investigated and monitored to avoid reoccurrence. Investigate root causes and escalate to relevant management *Make sure you are aware and comply with data confidentiality requirements *Maintaining all trading limits and funding requirements whilst ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained prior to booking any outside limit deals. Governance *Observe the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (eg laws governing security activities, company law) anti-money laundering regulations and guideline. *Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations *The desk operates with the highest standard of ALM Management and other controls as stipulated by the bank and regulators.
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATIONS: *University degree in a commercial/financial discipline with good analytical skills and ability to make speedy and accurate decisions under pressure. *ACI Dealing Certificate OTHER COMPETENCIES *Job involves knowing, predicting and reacting to interest rates changes & trends and subsequent taking of appropriate trading /investment positions to minimise interest rate risk. *Good knowledge of the mechanics of the money market operations- *The individual should also posses the ability to analyse and interpret economic data. Computer literacy is desirable. *The incumbent should be self-motivated and ability to work under minimum supervision. *A general knowledge of banking with emphasis on money market operations. *Possession of good interpersonal skills, communication skills and ability to convince others, are pre-requisites. *Job involves knowing, predicting and reacting to interest rates changes & trends and subsequent taking of appropriate trading /investment positions to minimise interest rate risk. *Good judgement of opportunities which arise in the market. *To be able to analyse market trends and information and take steps to further business growth. *To be able to manage the team and encourage the spirit of working together; to motivate team members to perform to their fullest capabilities. *Should be able to react quickly to any opportunity and take immediate steps to convert it into deals. *Liaise effectively with other areas of the Bank in order to enlarge the client portfolio. *Should advice the Treasurer on an ongoing basis about market conditions and trends to that appropriate strategies can be put in place.
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Job Vacancy : Client Service Manager
Handle high-value clients' service issues and complex needs for Store walk-in Business Clients
Provide administrative support to Priority Bankers to deal with ongoing client service issues, onboarding of new clients/products, and ongoing monitoring processes
Serve complex service needs of Priority Clients walking into Store
Educate and steer client for interactions with the bank via online, machine channels
Any additional service focused mandates to be discussed separately
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Assist Priority Banking clients with fulfilment of sales, including all necessary documentation and paperwork
Assist Priority Bankers with activation efforts i.e., scheduling time for conversation with client, preparing material for discussion
Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Store
Assist Priority Banking clients with all service and transaction requests
Interface with middle or back office teams to complete service requests
Assist Priority Bankers with any administrative support for updating KYC, monitoring and managing client's credit situation, migrating clients in and out of Priority
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
Market and competition knowledge
Soft skills for client handling
Stakeholder engagement skills
Client training on digital solutions
Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
Priority KYC set up for client type
Job Vacancy : Client Centre Exec-Sales
To be a World Class Service Integrated Contact Centre.
* To provide breakthrough one stop service in a consistent, professional manner - embracing our Brand Values (Responsive, Trustworthy, Creative, International and Courageous).
* To achieve first call resolution.
* To be effectively multilingual to better handle all inbound/outbound calls from Kenya and Uganda customers. (English, Kiswahili)
* To improve and maintain the Bank's No 1 position in quality services and ensure that Group and other Business service levels agreed for various services are met.
* To provide prompt, accurate and courteous service ensuring to fulfill promises made to customers. Under-promise but over-deliver.
2. Financial Performance
* To support all Marketing related programs.
* Intensify referrals for unsecured, credit cards, mortgages and wealth.
* Forward SME referrals to SME team
* To take all inbound sales calls.
* To cross sell the bank's products in the process of attending to customers.
* To ensure better management of time, stationery, equipment and telephone usage to manage costs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Control and Risk Management
To accurately follow identification protocol before advising customer details.
To ensure to follow the Minimum Control Standards as per business requirement
To ensure to follow the Departmental Operating Instruction for all services and products handled at the Contact Centre.
To ensure that control lapses are identified in time and all significant risks are escalated to line management in time.
To ensure no reputation/legal risk through strict following of CDD and AML guidelines.
To ensure successful or minimal audit comments.
Deliver World Class one-stop customer service via phone:
Handling service & sales inquiries.
Ensure to achieve high number of calls as individuals without compromising on the quality and professionalism.
Strengthen customer service capabilities by adhering to required standards: Identify Bank, identify self, address customers by name; provide prompt, accurate and courteous service and accurate records.
Service recovery - turn a complaint/unhappy customer into a loyal satisfied customer with professional and empathetic service recovery.
Timely stop/warming of cards and stop cheques as per customer requests
Ensure accurate update of cards and cheque books on the necessary systems
Provide Alternate Deliver Channels support on Mobile Banking, Online Banking and e-Statement requests
Follow up activity arising from customers call:
Resolution of complaint where possible or prompt submission of the complaint to Customer Contact Unit.
Highlight operational issues expressed by customers.
Logging of service statistics, complaints, enquiries, ad hoc customer surveys, various service and product promotions all accurately.
Meet &/or exceed service standard and target :
By contributing to achieve the department objectives on customer care line of 80% calls responded to within 20 seconds. Also ensure less than 5% calls are abandoned.
Ensure requests or investigations are completed appropriately and faxed out to other channels/departments within the same day.
Ensure superb follow-up and fulfill promises made to our customers.
Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations and controls and procedures of the Bank.
Always ensure to take 100% ownership of every situation with a customer
Conduct sales activities via phone:
Proactively create sales opportunities, capture sales leads and generate business referrals through inbound servicing calls or close sales based on request by customers.
Ensure referrals are keyed into pipelines in a timely manner or forward to the Contact Center Managers and monitor for closures.
To accept and execute customer instructions.
To ensure efficient problem and complaint resolution.
To capture customer feedback for future improvement
To acquire multi-skill for supporting multi-product targets such as Unsecured Lending products and services, credit cards, mortgage and wealth management services etc.
To keep self-updated on products and workflow procedures and ensure full compliance with operational risks and control.
Qualifications and Skills
Well versed in the entire Consumer Banking products and Procedures.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Well versed in Bank control and processes.
Good telephone manners
Good at complaint resolution. Strong interpersonal skills in order to handle irate customers and to sell our new services / Products
Evaluation and resolution of complaints.
Evaluation of customer needs.
Evaluation of what product to cross sale.
Multilingual in English and Kiswahili
Job Vacancy : Mandarin Speaking Relationship
* RM will be responsible for Chinese Portfolio on Origination and would work closely as a team with the CA/and CCM in onboarding clients, deepening relationships and driving revenue growth.
* The RM is overall responsible for post deal account maintenance and managing the risk associated with the portfolio. He/she has an overview on CCM who holds direct responsibility for post transactional activities and the CA for credit related activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Ensure quality of client acquisition, identify prospect and convert in line with Bank's appetite and CC segment's strategy.
* Ensure quality of the sales pitch and lead them with the clients. Also review the Term sheets before delivering to clients.
* Work with CAand obtain all pre-deal clearances.
* Effectively use CRM for managing a healthy pipeline and also a record of client calls and discussions.
* Oversee CCM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
* Senior client calling and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation. Also engage senior internal stakeholders for marketing, credit and any other pertinent issues.
Client on-boarding & deal execution
* Work with CDD team to ensure proper completion of eCDDs.
* Work closely with CA/ARM, product partners (FM/TB/RP), and analyze a) wallet size b) determine appropriateness of the product and c) work out a comprehensive account plan from a one-bank perspective
* Successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
* Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA/ARM for resolving Credit queries.
* Oversee the CCM to ensure all documentation and security creation are completed on time to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
* Liaising with Legal/external counsel/CRC in preparation and execution of non standard complex transactions along with product partners.
Account Management & portfolio quality
* Work close with TB team in delivering cash management solutions and migrating clients to digital channels including S2B and S2BX
* Oversee the service quality and turnaround of service requests from clients and ensure faster delivery by CSG
* Along with the product partner, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CCM in ensuring high utilization of regular WC facilities.
* Review BCA renewal timeline, Covenants, Failed Trade status, EAR, ASTAR CCRT, etc with the CA/ARM to ensure discipline and quality in portfolio
* Review DDW, insurance and valuation renewal timeline with CCM to ensure they are closed/renewed in a timely manner without causing impact on the client
* Review the excess/past due situation with CCM to ensure they are regularized and also facilitate approvals wherever required.
* Review and monitor the client profitability to ensure there are no revenue leakages.
* Work close with CA/ARM and CCM to make sure the credit files are complete and up to date
* Attend various internal or external sales/ non sales meetings like EAR, CAT, MTM calls, Portfolio Review Meeting and convene the consortium meetings where we are the lead bank.
* Overall responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio.
* Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank' efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
* Provides feedback to management and internal departments regarding customer service quality, product issues, customer complaints etc
Qualifications and Skills
Speak and write proper Chinese language ( Mandarin)
Good first degree or requisite technical skills gained through professional associations and practical experience.
Strong general banking experience and expertise.
Good Credit & Trade Skills
Experience in corporate/Commercial banking
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.