Plan International Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the Procurement and Logistic Manager Position to support our response to the Burundi Refugees in the new camps Kibondo (Nduta & Mtendeli).
1. PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTIC MANAGER – KIBONDO
Job purpose and summary: Plan International Tanzania commenced emergency operations in May 2015 in response to the significant influx of Burundian refugees into western Tanzania. Plan’s response aims to support vulnerable children including those who are separated and unaccompanied through child protection programs. This response has grown significantly to a team of +40 staff and a budget exceeding $3m. This position manages the procurement and logistic functions of the response including procurement of NFIs, manages CFS & Youth Centre’s construction, fleet management, supply chain management and security assets.
Dimension of the roles:
The role has 8 direct reports including drivers, cleaners, security and logistic officer. It is responsible for the procurement and contract management worth +$1m, security of +40 staff and a fleet of live vehicles. The role is a SMT level for the ER program.
Skill required for the job
• Strong administrative skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player and motivational skills
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Proficient in computer skills
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Procurement and Supply chain Management, Administration, Logistics or Business management field with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in similar role in a reputable organization. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• A professional qualification and membership of recognized purchasing and supplies institutions
• Demonstrate relevant progressive experience in similar posts
• Deeper understanding of the various Donor grants procurement rules and guidelines
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 15th May, 2016. Applicants will be shortlisted and contacted as they come in basis.