Under the supervision of the Program Development Director, the National Nutrition Specialist will contribute towards the attainment of WVT fundraising goal and objectives through coordinating Nutrition grant fundraising efforts. Additionally, the National Nutrition Specialist will coordinate engage and network with internal and external stakeholders to position WVT grant acquisition. Incumbent will consulate the Senior Grants Compliance Officer, to ensure grants under their respective portfolio are complaint to donors and the Government of Tanzania policies and requirements.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Implement WVT’s GAM (Grant Acquisition Management) Fundraising Strategy.
- Develop, implement and update regularly grant acquisition plan for Nutrition.
- Undertake regular donor scoping, landscape assessment and forecasts for Nutrition, including RFA/tender analysis.
- Ensure adherence to WVT’s GAM and Partnership’s practices and policies in pursuing grants.
- Liaise with WVT’s departments, WV (EARO/SOs/GC) and potential partners (prime/subs) in the preparation of Nutrition bids.
- Coordinate development of concept notes/proposals for identified funding opportunities (solicited and unsolicited) for Nutrition.
- Provide Nutrition technical advice on key bid elements including proposal design, potential partnerships etc.
- Stakeholder engagement - focused and intentional/donors/GoT preferred partner.
- Implement WVT’s GAM Engagement Strategy.
- Develop key engagement material (e.g. sector capacity statements, meeting talking points, stakeholder strategy analysis etc.) for Nutrition.
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with key internal Nutrition (EARO, Global Centre and Support Offices) and external Nutrition (bi-, multi-lateral donors and government entities) stakeholders.
- Update and maintain a database/register of key stakeholders and their representatives, and key documents (strategies, policies, reports etc.) for Nutrition.
- Gather intelligence and influence stakeholders approaches to inform WVT’s fundraising strategy on Nutrition.
- Coordinate engagement efforts with key WVT departments such as Communications, Advocacy and ISP and IPD.
- Organize institutional arrangements with Nutrition key stakeholders (e.g. pre/teaming agreements, MoUs and support letters etc) to support WVT’s fundraising efforts.
- Involves informal/formal and less focused. More profiling/awareness raising/marketing/brand presence/understanding the terrain and explore possible partnerships/preferred partner:
- Identify Nutrition key stakeholders and draw a networking plan with clear outcomes.
- Actively gather intelligence of Nutrition key stakeholders i.e. location, interventions, portfolio, strategies etc.
- Build relationships with Nutrition key stakeholders (e.g. INGOs, LNGOs, civil society, government ministries and national bodies/platforms).
- Attend/Organize/Represent WVT at key national and strategic events to profile/market the organization’s Nutrition approaches and achievements.
- Ensure all grant-making processes are completed upon awarding of Nutrition grants.
- Coordinate grant start-up workshop and process for new Nutrition projects/programs with relevant stakeholders.
- Together with the Senior Grant Compliance Officer and SO representative advice the CoP/ Project manager on key donor compliance standards/measures, including reporting, programmatic standards and M&E tools.
- Oversee grant close-out for Nutrition projects/programs.
- Develop and execute WVT’s capacity building plan for non-PDD staff on fundraising around Nutrition.
- Articulate WVT’s and the Partnerships’ Nutrition strategy to non-PDD staff.
- Internal WV processes: - for performance management
- Ensure compliance to Partnership and WVT standard’s (LDRs, Performance Agreements, Performance Reviews, Online Security Training, Our Voice Survey etch)
- Complete grant associated training such as Proposal Pro and Gateway-to-Grants (G2G).
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification required:
Bachelor Degree in human nutrition/ Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics,Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Environmental Health, Social Sciences.
Experience: 4 yrs experience in Nutrition related fields.
Preferred: Masters in human nutrition /Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics from any recognized Institution
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated ability in supervision
Experience in working with donor funds
Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
Good planning and organizational skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field
Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 10%
Apply For This Job HERE