Source Dailynews,22nd June 2016
Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non-Bank Financial Institution established under the Banking and Financial Institution Act (1991). The institution has five Branches, two in Dar es Salaam and one each in Arusha, Dodoma and Mwanza. The Institution also operates Sub-Branch activities at the Julius Nyerere International Airport and Swissport Cargo at Terminal II, Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy in Kigamboni - Oar es Salaam as well as a service outlet in Bunda - Mara Region. The Institution is in the process of managing change by reengineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and services and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state-of-the art banking software with the aim of improving it services and product offering.
In order to effect the envisaged changes, the Institution invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent and Pensionable
JOB TITLE: Credit Officer II (2 POSTS)
(a) APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Chief Executive Officer
(b) RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Credit Officer
(c) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
1. Provide support in the administration; evaluation, and direction of the business portfolio of the Bank in order to achieve the desired results for quality, profitability, and growth.
2. Co-approve or decline credit requests within assigned lending authority, based upon the risk taking philosophy of the TBCL and convey decisions and actions to appropriate regional personnel
3. Participate in the Bank review process, ensuring that the risk taking philosophy and lending strategies of the Bank are adhered to.
4. Recommend loan authority levels. Ensure proper risk grades and exposure strategies are assigned.
5. Provide coaching and mentoring on risk assessment, credit underwriting, loan structuring, and relationship management, to business relationship managers.
6. Support the department in managing, identifying, and closely monitoring past dues and non-performing assets, lending activity, and other portfolio trends.
7. Provide risk assessment, loan structuring, and relationship management coaching/feedback on loans.
8. Provide feedback on portfolio performance, credit requests, and approval volume for individuals and account officers,
9. Discuss specific underwriting concerns; manage the bank's alarm and high risk audit for new loans and maturing high risk approval for loans.
10. Assist in annual credit skills assessment process of business relationship managers.
11. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Education & Experience:
• Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Banking,
• Economics, Finance, Accountancy or equivalent with at least two years relevant working experience in a reputable firm.
• Sound knowledge of credit in banking industry.
• Fluent communication skills in English (both verbally and in writing
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
P.O. Box 10119
Dar es Salaam.
Twiga House, Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam
2nd Floor, CEO's Office.