Tuesday, 28 June 2016
Drill Electrician at Acacia Mining, Apply Before: 12 Jul 2016
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Drill Electrician based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the First Line Leader – Underground HME and the role holder will be accountable to maintain all underground mobile equipment which is used to mine waste and ore from the underground ore body and deliver it to the shaft by repairing all electrical faults according to OEM standards.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being seven (7) days day shift, seven (7) days night shift, seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Identify and rectify hazards by means of conducting risk assessments for the protection of employees and mining property.
• Timely attendance to all breakdowns on underground machines and completion of fault-finding/ troubleshooting.
• Ensure that all electrical repairs on machines are conducted to standard and according to OEM specification.
• Prevention of further equipment damage/ faults, and maintain equipment integrity.
• Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs, and conduct proper shift handovers.
• Achieve equipment availability and reliability targets of machines supporting underground mining.
• Provide reports (machine status etc.) on assigned tasks.
• Recognised FTC / Trade Certificate – Electrical
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a Drill Electrician role.
• Strong hands on Drill Electrical skills working with Sandvik underground mobile equipment / drill equipment.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Maintenance Systems (Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM))
• Troubleshooting/ Fault-finding
• Hydraulics system
• Computer Skills – MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Pronto
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Customer and people focused
Online application, Click Here to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.