Source Dailynews,22nd June 2016
Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non-Bank Financial Institution established under the Banking and Financial Institution Act (1991). The institution has five Branches, two in Dar es Salaam and one each in Arusha, Dodoma and Mwanza. The Institution also operates Sub-Branch activities at the Julius Nyerere International Airport and Swissport Cargo at Terminal II, Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy in Kigamboni - Oar es Salaam as well as a service outlet in Bunda - Mara Region. The Institution is in the process of managing change by reengineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and services and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state-of-the art banking software with the aim of improving it services and product offering.
In order to effect the envisaged changes, the Institution invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
JOB TITLE: Group Lending Officer (2 POSTS)
(a) APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Chief Executive Officer
(b) RESPONSIBLE TO: Group Lending Specialist
(c) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
1. Direct marketing of micro-loans (selling of micro products to
2. Mobilizing and training groups
3. Mobilizing deposits from groups
4. Full assessment (Appraisal) of micro-loans
5. Presentation of micro-loans to branch credit committee
6. Monitoring of loans after disbursement
7. Recovery of micro-loans
8. Meeting his/her target as assigned by Group lending specialist.
9. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Education Experience:
• Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Banking, Economics, Finance, Accountancy or equivalent with at least two years relevant working experience in a reputable firm.
• Sound knowledge of group lending.
• Fluent communication skills in English (both verbally and in writing)
• Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies to credit officers and group lending officers.
• Able to work accurately and under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes
• Willing to work in a small team
• Good organizational skills
• Result and quality oriented
• Good communication skills
• Pro-active, self-starting approach.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Interested in process improvement.
• Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
P.O. Box 10119
Dar es Salaam.
Twiga House, Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam
2nd Floor, CEO's Office.