Officer (1 position) to join the Technology and Operations team based in Dar es Salaam. Reporting Line: Chief Manager Application Support & Operations
Location: Dar es Salaam, Head Office
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the job advertised
- Responsible for support and troubleshooting of TPB Networks, Applications, Hardware, WideArea Network (VPN/WAN), Servers and Domain controllers, all other networked hardware including the branch Networks to meet the TPB Network standards, demands and deadlines.
- Rendering assistance on ICT Networks security implementations, ensure the network is properly maintained by use of properly configured routers, switches, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems and Domain Controllers.
- Support end users and coordinate, guide and prepare standards to ensure reliability and availability of individual systems.
- Support all in place aspects of information systems security, by ensuring that they are operational.
- Support implementation of the system/level controls and maintain system documentation. Assist the Chief Manager on day to day issues of managing TPB’s infrastructure which include Network, Hardware and Software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Assist to maintain dynamic Network and its hardware configuration database by collecting, adding, removing or updating approved configuration unit changes (PCs, Printers, Servers, modems, wireless terminals, etc.) and maintaining documentation of new and existing network infrastructure. Assist maintenance of data centre resources as a result of reducing server risk by identifying, quantifying, documenting and escalating issues that may lead to Data centre non-availability.
- Support working with vendors, service providers and other technology groups to resolve roblems;
- Provide support to Help-Desk and other support officers on LAN/WAN, servers, PCs, printers,scanners, availability calls.
- Providing the support for domain administration tasks as required by the bank’s securitypolicies, performance requirements and industrial best practices.
- Assist and support of appropriate server backup methodologies and technologies.
- Participate in ensuring high availability of production IBM infrastructure and servers by directuse of and implementation of various IBM technologies and supporting methodologies. To assist in the development and implementation of system policies, procedures, standardsand controls to ensure data accuracy and security that they comply with the legal andregulatory requirements.
- To ensure that TPB ICT complies with existing ICT-Policies, procedures and processesrequirements and embed Risk Management principles within its operations.
- Work with other Directorates and section within ICT to facilitate preparation and simulation ofdisaster recovery action plan for Business Continuity on hardware, software and networks’ availability as well as other systems that depend on them.
- To provide adequate support in the maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- To support routine ICT tasks including Night Processing, systems’ users accessadministration, regular ICT maintenance services and Standby Support.
- Assist in maintaining and providing support to the DRS systems that are operational andavailable.
- Assist in implementation and support of power systems to make sure that the data centre andDRS system can be supported by the power standby system (UPS) within a certain timeperiod which allows graceful shutdown of servers and peripherals to avoid damages duringpower outages.
- Assist in implementation and support of security systems at both data centres and branchesthese include CCTV, intruder alarms, access controllers physically and logically, shouldassure that at all times they are working and provides reports when needed.
- Contribute to Risk (fraud) identification and mitigation methods by following Risk and ICTstandards and practices for risk management
- Recommend ICT cost reduction strategies by analysing IT service cost structures.
- To provide training to staff in use of network services, e-mail, internet, VoIP and otheradministrative systems.
- To do any other job as may be assigned from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Individual Performance Agreements with all staff within the division.
- No network outage due to inadequate administration of the system.
- High ICT services availability to end users and customers
- Centralized management of infrastructure security (Domain controller).
- Efficient networks and systems and highly available to users.
- Efficient network hardware and software deployment and maintenance.
- Efficient hardware and software upgrades and updates.
- Mitigation of critical risks such as failure of business continuity, security bleach, virusoutbreak and infrastructure support.
- Timely preparations and submission of all appropriate reports.
- A higher performing division.
Skills / Attributes
(i) Strong interpersonal skills.
(ii) Possession of experience in Helpdesk Support and Customer services is strongly desired.
(iii) Ability to provide first line technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional
demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
(iv) Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to
(v) Completing tasks within deadlines.
(vi) Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills.
(vii) Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor Degree/Advance Diploma in Computer science, Information
Technology, and Telecommunication Science or Engineering. Experience: 3-5 years of experience in ICT field, solid experience in network systems installation,
configuration and support. Experience of working with Linux / UNIX, MS-Windows Servers and workstations
environments and office automation applications. Added skills and certifications MCSE and Linux, CCNA Skills / Attributes
Strong leadership & people management skills
Strong technical skills in hardware and software
Prioritize tasks and organization
Can work independent at minimal supervision
Adherence to the regulations and company policies
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to
submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
email@example.com. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in
any way be attached during application.