USAID/Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Project
Job Opportunity: Information Systems Mentor (5 positions)
The purpose of the five year USAID Public Sector Systems Strengthening (PS3) project in Tanzania is to strengthen existing Government of Tanzania (GOT) systems at national and local levels to improve service delivery across sectors.The PS3 mentors will support implementation of PS3 LGA level interventions including mentoring government partners to strengthen systems and improve management.
Location and Duration:
PS3 will operate in the following 13 regions of Mainland Tanzania:Dodoma, Iringa, Kagera, Kigoma, Lindi, Mara, Mbeya, Morogoro, Mtwara, Mwanza, Njombe, Rukwa, and Shinyanga.The appointment is expected to be for 3 years subject to probationary period and ongoing performance reviews.The mentors will be based in region or LGA level offices and travel as required in the LGAs.
Job Description for PS3 Information SystemsMentor
1. Develop and implement information systems improvements, increase interoperability of system, increase access to existing data (e.g. dashboards), improve completeness and timeliness of reporting, and improve use of information.
2. Provide mentoring to regions and LGAs on information systems strengthening
3. Liaise with the region and LGA focal person on technical interventions
4. Coordinate with PS3 region manager and component technical leads on technical interventions and management tasks
5. Organize and coordinate interventions and events at the region and LGA level
6. Coordinate with other key stakeholders including development partners at the LGA level
7. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and submit to the region manager
8. Collect monitoring and evaluation data
9. Provide logistic support for PS3 interventions and events taking place at LGA levels
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or its equivalent
• Three to five years of experience implementing information systems-related technical interventions or mentoring for government or donor-funded programs at the LGA level
• Knowledge, skills and experience in Government of Tanzaniainformation systems
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
• Good interpersonal skills
• Functional computer skills
• Basic monitoring and evaluation knowledge
• Please submit your updated and signed CV, contact information for three references, and cover letter to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your personal e-mail address and mobile number. Personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged.
• Applications received after the deadline of June 14, 2016 will not be considered.
• All application letters should be address to:
Tanzania Mentors Association
P.O. Box 105006
Dar es Salaam