Job Vacancy – [Community Services Assistant]
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a new humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC will implement in the sectors of camp management, protection and shelter/ small infrastructure.
In order to fulfill DRCs staffing needs for new operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following position for a Tanzanian national, based in Kibondo (Nduta Camp).
The Community Services Assistant, under the management and supervision of the Camp Manager and in close collaboration with the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for managing the implementation of camp management related community services.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Support community mobilization through the formation and facilitation of camp committees, and help ensure AGDM principles are mainstreamed into committee formation and representation;
- Identify camp-specific issues and facilitate the input of refugee groups to propose adequate rapid solutions;
- Work together with refugee incentive workers and assist ensuring the dissemination of key camp information, and collection of feedback on access to and gaps in services or camp care and maintenance issues;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
- Support oversight of NFI and food distributions to help ensure they are conducted in an accessible manner and in particular that PSNs and other vulnerable groups have access to distribution with dignity.
- Support the development of and provide support to a network of community outreach workers living in the PoCs to facilitate the dissemination of information and collect key insights on social, cultural, religious and livelihoods;
- Participate in joint assessments and CCCM assessments as needed.
- Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
- Any other duties to support community services, camp management and protection activities assigned by supervisor.
• Write daily and weekly reports and assist in writing monthly reports as required by the camp manager;
• Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues are reported.
- University Degree in Social Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 year relevant work experience;
- Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of refugee/client at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate in English and communicate in Kiha and/or Kirundi
- Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings
- Previous experience working with refugees or IDPs or other vulnerable populations;
- University Degree in Social work, psychology, political science, development, law or other related fields;
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Duration of employment: 6 months with possible extension based on performance and funding availability.
Location: Kibondo (Nduta Camp)
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English addressed to: email@example.com
Please indicate your salary expectation in your application letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, and interviews could be held before the deadline date. Deadline for applications is 3rd July 2016.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.