Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Start Date: Immediately
As an Installation Lead your primary responsibilities are to deliver renewable energy systems and solutions to our clients. You will be installing, testing and commissioning those systems in a safe and professional manner. Your value to the company is directly related to your ability to manage teams of Installations
Technicians on site and take responsibility for installing PowerGen solutions per our system designs. You will report directly to the Installation Manager or the VP of Installations who will communicate with you regularly in order to help you set goals and provide feedback on your progress towards achieving them.
A more complete – but by no means exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
- Managing installation technicians during installations on site.
- Communicating system design and Fabrication requests to the Fabrication Manager and Workshop Manager
- Driving to installation sites for site visits, installations and periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Liaising with clients prior to, and during, visits.
- Travel throughout Kenya and East Africa.
- Liaising with PowerGen’s Grid and Workshop Teams to ensure the correct materials are procured and installations for which you are responsible are completed successfully.
- Generating balance of materials required for installations.
- Completing all installation documentation including wiring diagrams, testing and commissioning sheets, installation reports, trip budgets, and expense reports.
- Properly utilizing internal systems (email, CRM, calendar) to maintain operational organization and help drive sales.
- Completing quarterly self-review and collaborate with management on training progress and goals.
- Knowledge sharing – sharing your experience with and training colleagues.
- 2+ years’ work experience in solar PV installations
- Class A EWURA license
- Technical engineering background and a demonstrated ability to learn the technical aspects of the
PowerGen business and communicate in that language.
- Prior experience managing and growing teams.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Intelligent and eager to learn.
- Tanzanian citizen or possessing valid Tanzanian work permit; experience working in Tanzania is a must.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail a must.
- Hardworking and honest.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Candidate should possess a valid Drivers’ License.
Benefits and Compensation
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Please send resume, cover letter, proof of EWURA license and any questions to:
with the subject line “Installation Lead – Tanzania.”
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.