1. To effectively manage the Clearing, posting and validation and salary and Payment Units of Central Service Delivery in accordance to laid down processes and procedures in order to manage operational risk and enhance bank's profitability, reputation and quality customer service.
2. To Undertake responsibility as Responsible Person (RP) - part-time risk
Management staff within Clearing unit.
Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within Clearing unit.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure that all processes and procedures under item processing comply with Risk management / policies.
* Ensure Bank does not suffer loss financially as a result of frauds, delays and errors.
* Ensure that services provided to customers are in accordance to Service Level Agreement - by meeting the stipulated turn around time to enhance quality customer service.
* Ensure that all accounts which fall within the responsibility of Clearing and Payment are balanced and reconciled in accordance with Group guidelines and all out standings followed-up and resolved on a timely manner.
* Ensure tracking of outstanding items in BOT a/c where items should not exceed more than 5 days where high value items (above USD50K) should not be outstanding for more than 2 days.
* Approve all transactions pertaining to Clearing and Payment.
* Monitor expenditure to ensure that services provided by Clearing and Payment staff are cost effective and within manageable levels.
* Maintain Administrator/Supervisory rights for Clearing systems ensuring that all users have relevant rights and obsolete users deleted from the system.
* Departmental Continuity Coordinator for Central Operations, ensuring that BCP is updated when there are any changes and tested on quarterly basis for practicality
* Carry out Monthly KRI.
* Manage, motivate, train and appraise direct reports.
* Ensure implementation and monitor compliance in relation to Money Laundering prevention (AML and KYC as specifiend by group Policy and standards and local regulation.
Qualifications and Skills
Graduate or its equivalent with at least one year Bank experience
Adequate knowledge of Ebbs System, clearing systems
Leadership skills and Ability to lead a team
Good understanding of Clearing Rules and Regulations
Logical with an accurate eye for detail.
Proactive, flexible and resilient team player
Practical working knowledge of SCB, banking guidelines and BOT regulations, especially clearing rules. (TACH RULES).
Strictly follow all controls in place and proactively alert if any breach.
Highly customer focused
High level of interpersonal and communication skills - Listening, negotiating.
Capable of prioritizing own and others workload
Planning & co-ordination skills
Project management skills
Online application, Click HERE