Job title: Unit Head Recovery
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Head of Credit
Responsible for coordination and implementation of the restructuring and recovery activities for
the Non-Performing Loan portfolio of the bank
Responsibilities & duties
- Initiate and develop restructuring and recovery strategies towards reduction of nonperforming loans (NPL) levels as targeted by bank’s management.
- Management of non-performing loans to ensure credit and other risks are properly
- identified and assessed with specific focus on top 20 largest NPLs.
- Supervise, guide and manage the On-balance sheet and Off-Balance Sheet Credit Recovery Teams.
- Managing the NPLs committee meetings and acting as secretary to the committee.
- Liaison with Legal Department and external advocates to ensure recovery cases lying in the courts are progressed to completion.
- Provide professional judgment to ensure proper impairment level/provisions is taken consistent with BOT/IFRS regulations/guidelines and bank’s internal policy
- Develop general framework for collections and recoveries of all bank’s loan products.
- Coordinate and manage all banks appointed external agencies (debt collectors, auctioneers, receiver managers, lawyers etc.) and other third party vendors.
- Supervise and coordinate preparation/submission of statutory and regulatory reports required by the bank.
- To provide professional business support to resolve challenges faced by stressed clients.
- To review and recommend loan write-off and abandonment in accordance with BOT regulations and provide recommendation for Board approval.
- Quarterly credit portfolio review and monthly review of loan portfolio quality report and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Economics/Accounting, law
- Professional Qualifications CPA (T) CPB
- Additional qualification: Master’s Degree Business Administration
Applications: Send your CV through; email@example.com
Deadline: 21st June 2016