Branch Manager (1 position) to join the Technology and Operations team.
The work station is Musoma.
Reporting Line: Chief Manager Branches
Locations : Musoma
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Division : Branches
Salary : Commensurate to the Job Advertised
(i) Branch Manager is the representative of the Bank in your area of operation.
You will up-hold the image and culture of the bank in your services and
lifestyles. You will market TPB and its products to the population as well as
ensuring that staffs under you participate in this mission.
(ii) To run the branch as a profit centre, managing the sales process by acquiring
new business and deepening existing customer relationships and maintaining
operational efficiency while providing the appropriate service standards.
(iii) To en sure risk levels are minimized and acceptable so as to enhance revenues
and profitability of the branch.
- Generate new business via sales promotions, out-marketing calls, customer visits (current/potential), and build relationship with existing customers
- To mobilize deposits and ensure that growth in deposits conform to the annual budget plans
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service are provided in order that our services are perceived as being the best in the local market including handling customer complaints.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an established Bank by the Act No. 11 of 1991 as
amended by Act No. 11 of 1992. TPB is a Bank that provides competitive
financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders
through innovative products.
TPB is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the
provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part
of effective organizational development and management of its human capital
in an effective way, TPB commits itself towards attaining, retaining and
developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB betterment and
the Nation at large.
- To liaise with the Public and Government officials in the area of operation of the Branch to maintain good public relations and project good image of the bank;
- Ensure reconciliation of suspense accounts
- To carry out general administration of the branch
- Ensure that all Operational Procedures are adhered to by all branch staff as prescribed in the operating manuals
- To ensure that the branch is adequately supplies with stationery items and enough cash to meet day to day operations. You will also ensure that adequate security is in place with regard to cash and all bank documents/assets
- To carry out regular snap checks for cash in tills/strong-rooms, controlled stationery, all suspense accounts and stamp accounts
- To compile timely replies to all audit reports and ensure that auditors’ recommendations are implemented accordingly.
- Ensure availability of required stationeries and equipment’s
- Control branch expenses and ensure that they are within the approved budgets and proper management
- To assess manpower and development needs of the branch staff and advice Head Office accordingly.
- Plan and manage staff administration issues for support staff (i.e. Local leave, training, Dept. staff rotation) in consultation with the Chief Manager
- Carry out periodic staff evaluation
- Follow - up and ensure that all revenue due to the bank is correctly charges and collected by the bank
- Counter sign with the BFO. All debits to the Profit and Loss Accounts
- Manage service delivery, to review output of tellers, customer service and inquiries to ensure adherence to branch standards
- Ensure timely submission of branch reports/returns to head office as required
- Ensure that the Anti Money Laundering requirements are followed as follows:-
a) Take all reasonable steps to verify and identify customers, including
performing quality assurance on accounts opened, and the general
b) Retain adequate records of identification, account opening and
transactions and ensure timely and properly filling of customer
c) Make/assist to effective reporting of suspicious transactions
d) Raise awareness of Money Laundering prevention and training all
- Ensure tidiness across the branch premises and clean-desk policy is exercised.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you by Chief Manager Branches or higher authorities
- Comply with the Policies and standards, Local Laws and Regulations, Controls and Procedures of the bank.
- Report Suspicious Transactions
- Print and Verify Accounts Opened and Closed report against actual documents and sign on the register
- Ensure dual control is in place in the record room at the branch.
- Customer retention as a result of high customer service standards
- Business growth as evidenced by attaining budget figures on revenue
- Minimization of Operational Costs thereby improving overall Branch profitability
- Enhanced and robust control at the branch
- Authorize payments/withdraws against customer’s accounts as provided for in the operational manual guidelines.
- May initiate disciplinary action against staff under his/her jurisdiction
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor degree/Advance diploma in Banking, Economics, commerce,
Business Administration, Finance or Accounting from any recognized
University or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant Banking experience
- Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
Skills / Attributes:
- Strong leadership & people management skills
- Prioritize Tasks
- Team player
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to
submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
email@example.com. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in
any way be attached during application.