Thursday, 30 June 2016
Job Opportunity, Planning Monitoring and Evaluation at Heifer International
Heifer International is a global non-profit, humanitarian development organization founded by Dan West in 1944 dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring 10r the Earth by empowering smallholder farm families around the globe become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable animal agricultural enterprise. The global headquarters is located at 1 World Avenue, Little Rock Arkansas, USA. Heifer International has been working in Tanzania since 1974. Heifer International currently supports a wide portfolio of development projects designed to transform the lives of resource poor farming families in Tanzania.
Heifer International Tanzania Country Program continues to grow its program portfolio. In responsive and in order to manage the ambitious growth in reach and scope to achieve its the impact goal, the Country Program is seeking to recruit competent candidates for following five positions
3. Planning Monitoring and Evaluation
Under the supervision of monitoring and evaluation manager the planning monitoring and evaluation officer (PM &E Officer) has overall responsibility for coordination of all projects planning, monitoring and evaluation activities in the Heifer Tanzania Country Program.
• Coordinate and support project managers and respective teams to prepare and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
• Support project managers and their respective team to track the project inputs, activities, processes, outcomes and impact measures of the respective projects;
• Carry out supporting monitoring visits to the various project sites to support implementation of Primary M&E functions;
• Ensure that quality data are collected and reported by specified deadlines;
• Develop and implement data collection techniques and tools, including' working with external service providers to develop other relevant management information plans.
• Train program teams to use data collection tools and techniques, including ongoing mentoring and support.
Analyze data to track project and program progress against agreed targets and log-frames.
• Monitor project progress, ensuring that implementation is in harmony with the project/program specific operational plans, and report regularly on all activities.
• Guide and coordinate all M&E activities and accordingly assign roles for staff, project participants and partners.
• Coordinate the preparation and implementation of evaluation plans for all projects
• Support the M&E Manager to prepare terms of reference and evaluation guidelines for and to ensure baseline studies are conducted for all projects and that information is stored for future use.
Support project manager and their respective team in to prepare reports for internal and external audiences based on data from monitoring and 'evaluation processes.
• Analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned from program and project activities.
• Lead and coordinate the preparation of consolidated annual program operational plans and calendars for all projects and programs.
• With the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, assist project teams to prepare and implement project-specific plans for data collection and monitoring.
• May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned by the
• University degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Animal
Production, Statistics, Development Studies or other relevant qualification
• 5 years of PM&E experience.
Preferred Requirements: In addition to above
• Postgraduate qualification in M&E is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of PM&E experience.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili is essential.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
• Strong communication skills both in English and other local languages of the cluster area.
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
• Excellent understanding of poverty, hunger and environmental issues in Tanzania.
• Strong functionality with computers and software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite (e.g.: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and any specialized PM&E software.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to planning, monitoring and evaluation of relief and development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Strong facilitation skills.
Potential candidates are encouraged to apply by sending application letter enclosed CV and certificates testimonials. Application should be channeled by mail to Country Director,
Heifer International Tanzania,
P.O. Box 33814,
Dar es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.