Organizational Profile: Agape AIDS Control Programme (AACP)
was established on 24th of January, 2006 as a CBO working to cover
Shinyanga Region and later registered as an NGO on 24th June, 2009 by
the Ministry of Community Development, Gender and Children and was
issued with the Reg. 00NGO/00003233 under the NGOs Act of 2002, 12 (2)
Tanzania Laws. AACP is a Non-partisan, Non-Religious and Non-profit
Organization geared at promoting human rights and Community
Development. AACP was established with the aim of preventing and
controlling HIV/AIDS and its effects in the community.
Organizational Mission: To empower the Community to challenge
Human Rights violation by strengthening their capacity to improve their
resources of Income and reduce poverty, HIV/AIDS transmission, GBV
prevalence, Child abuse and advance its mitigation measures “and the
Organizational Vision: To see the Community is free from Human
Rights Violation and discrimination where Orphans and Vulnerable
Children, Domestic Workers, Women, Youth, PLWHAs and the Community
at large live harmonious happy life and Dignity”.
Organizational Main Programs:
1. Child Protection Programs;
2. Youth Empowerment Programs;
3. Skillful Parenting Programs;
4. Legal Aid Service Provision Programs;
5. Gender Based Violence Programs, Child Marriages and Early
6. HIV/AIDS Control and Prevention Programs.
Scope of the Post: Marketing and Communication Officer will be
responsible to coordinate internal and external communications and
support branding of the organizational programs by developing a
website layout and its contents, designing and organizing social media
campaigns by using various platforms including: Face book, YouTube,
Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. He or she will be required to design and
create IEC materials, develop advocacy messages, online publications
and consolidating all organization events. He or she will work closely with
the organization program team and take lead in all marketing and
communication coordination, handling all visitors including
arrangements for pickups for international travels and provide transport
coordination for AACP staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement marketing and communication activities as directed to promote a range of AACP project and services.
- Promote AACP visibility to national and international levels with clear and sound messaging to externals.
- Timely updating the Agape AIDS Control Program website and facilitate information sharing to social platforms.
- Develop lists of potential contacts for marketing and promotion of AACP services from a range of channels including but not limited to newspapers, magazines, exhibitions and external sources.
- Develop inputs to briefing notes, press releases, talking points and speeches for external and internal communications.
- Represent AACP at events, exhibitions and conferences as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Report, Newsletter, Factsheets, business cards, brochures, leaflets, banners, postures and other materials, including writing copies, liaising with printers and designers where needs arise.
- Assist the organization with filing and storage mechanisms on documentation for archiving.
- Organize communication efforts around various marketing events planned within AACP, including knowledge fairs, regional and international meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Strengthen and build relationships with social media available to promote AACP initiatives on available social platforms.
- Attend all organization events responsibly for capturing photos, videos, action events and share or upload them into social platforms.
- Provide active guidance on more optimal use and work on improvements of the organizational website, including social media and production of new audio-visual materials.
- Comply with the Organization Child protection Policy, Gender policy, Statement of Commitment to child protection and adherence to Tanzanian laws and that of our partner (Terre Des Hommes Netherlands, Firelight Foundation, TCDC, ICS Africa & WiLDAF)
- Maintain and promote good image of the organization with its associates, including donors, clients, partners and Local Government Authorities
- And any other roles/responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree holder in Public Relation and Marketing, Mass Communications, Journalism, ICT and networking and or any other related discipline from a recognized and reputable institution (University).
- A candidate with knowledge and experience on Marketing, Networking and Communication will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year post-admission experience in a Non-Government Organization as a marketing and communication Officer or any related position.
- Working with community based projects and that of child or youth protection and women empowerment will be an added advantage to the candidate.
- Strong computer skills, designing, communication and internet networking.
- Excellent skills on report writing (documentation of program results, case studies, case stories and any best practices)
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
● Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources
efficiently, achieving and role modeling of AACP values.
● Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their
responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way that
fits, providing the necessary development to improve performance and
applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
● Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues,
Members and external partners and supporters.
● Value diversity and easy to build team stability.
● Approachable, good listener, easy to talk.
● Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
● Willing to take disciplined risks.
● Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest
levels of integrity
General Application Instructions to all Applicants: Qualified and interested
applicants should submit their applications and credentials including:
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of certified academic
certificates in a word or PDF formats. The email should be addressed to the
Executive Director, Agape AIDS Control Programme (AACP), P.O.BOX 2189
Shinyanga, email: email@example.com by no later than 18th June, 2016.
The remuneration for a successful candidate will be Tshs. 500,000 gross salary
per month. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and no
refunds to fares and other costs incurred for unsuccessful candidates. Qualified
female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply