Job Vacancies (Multiple) – Shelter Supervisors and Assistants
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, the Danish Refugee Council implement humanitarian programs in the sectors of camp management, protection and shelter/ construction.
In order to fulfill DRCs operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following positions for Tanzania nationals, based in Kibondo and working in Nduta and Mtendeli camps.
Under the supervision of the Shelter Engineer the shelter supervisor or assistant will contribute to the implementation of DRC shelter activities in Nduta or Mtendeli Refugee Camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position:
• Coordinate and manage work on site and daily report to the shelter engineer;
• Assist shelter engineer in reporting of activities;
• Quality control of all DRC shelter activities in the camp;
• Demarcate plots in preparation for shelter construction
• Perform other assignments as foreseen and requested by Shelter Engineer.
• Bachelor Degree in related field of study.
• Good Analytical and planning skills;
• Result-oriented and accountability competencies;
• Proven organizational skills.
• 1 to 3 years, working in the shelter field (experience with non-governmental organizations is Preferable)
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Duration of employment: 3 months with possible extension based on performance and funding availability.
Location: Nduta or Mtendeli Camp, Tanzania
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English addressed to the DRC Kibondo Office on IRC Road in Kibondo or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, and interviews will be held as suitable candidates present themselves. Deadline for applications is 20th June 2016
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.