Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Direct Reports: Mission Pharmacy Manager / Medical Coordinator
Position status: Full Time
Positions opened: 1
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification
Essential, degree of pharmacy management or nursing related studies, or medical profile
Required -At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager.
Desirable - Experience with MSF or other NGO
English(fluent, oral & written), Swahili required, French will be an asset
Main competencies and knowledge
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Organization skills, rigour, stress management
- Result, Teamwork and flexibility(day, night shift)
- Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervise pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF’s standards, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Define storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols, implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material.
- Coordinate the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitor and analyse orders of de-pending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervise, with the Expat Supervisor and the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Records all items received and issued in computer (WSR).
All interested applicants should submit a CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas…) and phone number
To: MSF Tanzania, Kigoma – please deposit CVs at MSF Offices, Kigoma. Please mark the envelope with PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 4pm 14/06/16.
! Onlyapplications in English willbeconsidered. Pleasenotethatonly short listed candidates will be contacted.