Plan is an international child – centered Development Organization whose mission is to achieve
lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children through a process that unites
people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives. Plan has been working in
Tanzania since 1991, supporting children and communities to gain better access to health,
education, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihoods and protection through five Country
Programs. Plan works with children, their families and communities to implement programmes
at grassroots level.
Plan Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced person to fill the
position described below.
PROJECT COORDINATOR –ECHO 1 POSITION KIBONDO
To coordinate and ensure effective implementation of the ECHO Project; The incumbent will be
responsible to ensure he/she effectively coordinate the project, capacity building, monitoring
and evaluation and compliance.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent and proven project management skills developed in the delivery of similar projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills utilised in the development of effective working relations across a range of stakeholders in project delivery.
- Ability to monitor project results and expenditures against work plans.
- Editing and report writing skills.
- Strong facilitation and training skills.
- Commitment to capacity building.
- Strong people leadership skills: Teambuilding, coaching & mentoring of staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in coordinating International development projects or community development projects.
- Experience in interacting with partners and achieving project outcomes accordingly.
- A bachelor degree in relevant areas such as Social Science /Development studies or its equivalent.
Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children
is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police
vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The
successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection
Page 2 of 2
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan International Tanzania salary
structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified
Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate
copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three
referees, and their contact. Please note that Plan Tanzania has no recruitment agent,
therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later
than 1st July 2016.