Acacia Mining seeks to employ an Inventory Officer based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the First Line Leader Inventory and the role holder will be accountable to maintain an accurate and sufficient level of inventory on hand to support the day to day operations of Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited in the most economic and efficient way possible.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being fourteen (14) days on and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of Acacia, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Establishing minimum and maximum levels for each inventory item with regard to usage history, lead time, and demand forecast in order to maintain and optimum level of inventory.
• Timely establishment of re-order point, re-order quantity and release of items to be re-ordered on the re-order system to replenish inventory.
• Timely reconciliation of bulk and vendor held inventory consumed and preparation of reconciliation reports that will facilitate payments of vendors in the respective period.
• To carry out stock take cycle counts of inventory held and to amend the system accordingly so as to maintain integrity of the system.
• Produce reports to ensure that key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies and obsolescence addressed and resolved as per the Company’s obsolescence and discrepancy procedures.
• To create and maintain good relationships with end-users (customers) and to respond to customer queries on time.
• To attend meetings with customer departments and other work related meetings as required.
• Fill in for the Inventory First Line Leader as required.
• Compliance to all Company Safety and SOX rules, policies and procedures.
• To be able to prepare and present various inventory reports including hand over reports in an understandable manner.
• Advanced Diploma in Materials Management.
• Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB - Tanzania) certification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Inventory Control in a Mining Environment.
• 2 years’ experience in warehousing management and/or purchasing.
• Experience in the application of Inventory Management Systems- ERP/EMS
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• To be able to transfer knowledge to inventory trainees / interns.
• Have a detailed understanding of various inventory management tools and systems (ERP/EMS).
• Knowledge on basic MS Office applications - Outlook, Excel and Word in etc.
• Communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Online application, click HERE to Apply