Tuesday, 5 July 2016
Job Opportunities at Acacia Mining, Geological Assistant
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Geological Assistant based at Buzwagi Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Geology First Line Leader and the role holder will be accountable to deliver quality results and make effective decisions to ensure that sample contamination and ore loss/dilution are minimized by following Company policies and procedures in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being seven (7) days day shift, seven (7) days night shift and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of Acacia, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Attend daily pre-shift information meetings.
• Conduct Rig Inspections, specifically checking for any leakage and orientation.
• Collect samples and chips as per standard and procedure avoiding sample contamination / bias.
• Ensure accurate sample numbering and sample submission sheets.
• Prepare samples for timely dispatch ensuring no sample contamination and maintaining QA/QC standards.
• Ensure accurate Ore markup, Ore Spotting and ROM Spotting.
• Prevent production delays by ensuring that Dig-blocks are marked on the bench floor before production commences.
• Understand and follow the survey peg plan for markups, digging ore and re-mark broken lines/ tapes.
• Ensure mining activities are done from the correct direction and correct face angle.
• Ensure a good understanding of mineralization and move tapes if mineralization is outside the block by first consulting the Geologist.
• Ensure that materials from the pit (Ore and Waste) are accurately directed to right destinations on time.
• Ensure minimum ore loss and ore dilution from the pit to the ROM at any time.
• Record all movements on and off stockpiles for stockpile balance as well as all delays and crusher shutdown on a shift basis.
• Ensure that no ore leaves the ROM without approval from the Geologists.
• Maintain the blend as directed by the Geologist.
• Secondary education
• Geotechnician tertiary qualification will be an advantage
• Driver’s license and Pit/Mine driving permit
• 2 years’ experience in mine and/or exploration geology
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Ability to learn quickly from attempts, building positive experience.
• Ability to deliver results in a safe manner.
• Able to act with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to identify how sample contamination can be minimized.
Online application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.