Title: Mother and Babies Course (BMC) Case Manager (3 Posts)
Job Location: Geita
Reporting: Project Manager - THRIVE
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for qualified MBC case manager(s) who will be responsible for planning, implementation and coordination of the maternal mental wellbeing component of the project.
Thecomponent is part of the primary intervention of the operation research implemented through enhancedcare groups. The Mothers and Babies Course (MBC) is a 12-session group based intervention aimed at preventing depression during pregnancy and the postpartum period by teaching women mood regulation skills.
- Developing and coordinating implementation of the mothers and babies course (MBC) specific work plans and schedules.
- Facilitating MBC sessions with participating mothers and pregnant women
- Mobilizing and organizing pregnant women and women with children aged below two years (targeted caregivers) to participate in group sessions for the mothers and babies course
- Conduct regular home visits to care group volunteers/lead mothers implementing the mothers and babies course
- Transfer skills to CHVs and lead mothers on MBC intervention during care groups sessions and home visits
- Conduct supportive and reflective supervision as well as coaching to care group volunteers during their home visits to neighbour women and at care group meetings
- Conduct and facilitate monitoring activities to ensure fidelity of the intervention by care group volunteers
- Support mobilization of targeted caregivers during data collection periods of the operation research
- Participate in joint monitoring, progress review activities and learning sessions for the project
- Generate regular progress reports on maternal mental wellbeing component of the project
- Participate in regular support supervision and coaching sessions with mothers and babies course instructor based in the USA via Skype
- Working closely with the field supervisors ensure proper integration and synergy of project activities
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology, nursing, clinical officers, counsellors, mental health degree.
Experience with cognitive behavioural therapy preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience offering counselling services and/or psychosocial support services or in a similar position working in community based projects
- Experience in training/facilitating, coaching and mentoring teams
- Experience working pregnant women, mothers of /and children under five in communities for development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and report writing and analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to engage with program participants (85 % field time) and Ability & willingness to ride a motor cycle when required desirable
Partners coordinator, CRS PM and Coordinators, CRS MEAL STA, and International MBC instructor.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work well with people
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The qualified applicants should submit a letter briefly explaining how they suit in the position and a 3 pager
CV to below Email Adress by 15th July, 2016.
Human Resources Specialist
Catholic Relief Services – Tanzania Pro
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.