Position: Installation Foreman
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
As Installation Foreman, you will be a part of the team at the heart of our business: ensuring the timely and successful installation of our micro-grids in Tanzania.
As Installation Foreman, you will report to the Installation Lead.
What You’ll Make Happen:
o Support Install Leads in managing Install Technicians and Contractors by planning and organizing various jobs assigned daily.
o Correctly instruct, supervise and transfer skills to any casual or semi-skilled worker and contractor assigned to him to ensure safety and quality of work.
o Act as Deputy to the Install Lead. May be assigned to perform the duties and functions of the Install Lead when that person is absent.
o Understand project requirements completely; Including technical aspects like correctly read, understand and implement power distribution and internal wiring designs
o Perfecting knowledge of system basics and PowerGen standards.
o Conduct quality control of technicians, contractor and casual work and ensure it meets PowerGen standards.
o Support Install Lead in evaluating technicians and contractors.
o Provide support to Installation Managers/Leads in training technicians and contractors prior to installation trip (e.g. perform practical review simulating work to be conducted on-site)
o Support completion of installation (working as a technician i.e. wiring, cable drawing, power system set-up, pole hardware mounting etc.)
o Manage technicians/contractors by leading by example and holding the technicians and contractors accountable for quality.
o Support in the issuing of materials to technicians/contractors and tracking its usage, as well as the tools to technicians/contractors and reviewing their state when returned.
o Support with power system, distribution and internal wiring testing and should report to the Install Lead any issues on the site.
o Provide support to O&M operations as needed.
o Correctly use and maintain the general and special tools of the trade including power tools, test equipment and measuring instruments.
o Maintain and service overhead power lines and cables, hardware, street lighting and other associated equipment.
o Ensure technicians, contractors and casuals use safety equipment and protective devices and work in compliance with requirements of safety codes of practice and procedures.
o Correctly complete Install QC and information tracking forms and submit to Install Lead.
o Ensure the technicians correctly complete the Install information tracking forms and submit as required.
o Support the Install Lead with undertaking inventory of materials at site.
What Excites You:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
You Already Have:
- 2+ years’ work experience in above-ground distribution and PV solar installations
- Technical engineering background and a demonstrated ability to learn the technical aspects of the PowerGen business and communicate in that language.
- Tanzanian citizenship or a valid Tanzanian work permit; experience working in Tanzania is a must.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail a must.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Intelligence and eagerness to learn.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events. And you'll be working with a dynamic team of people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
Please send resume, cover letter stating the title of the job on the subject line, and any questions to email@example.com.
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.