Tuesday, 5 July 2016
Job Opportunity at Acacia Mining, Dispatch Engineer
Acacia Mining seeks to employ an experienced Dispatch Engineer based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the MIS Section Leader and the role holder will be accountable to provide technical support in the maintenance of the underground communication infrastructure and fleet management system such that the system is robust and delivering its intended value to the mining operations.
This is a fixed term contract role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of Acacia, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Responsible for maintaining the equipment, devices & hardware of the SmartMine UG fleet management system (FMS).
• Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the underground communication infrastructure (Leaky feeder).
• To ensure that all system updates are completed on time, including daily, weekly, monthly and annual checks and maintenance and that all device components (leaky feeder system and mine FMS) are properly maintained and kept in full working condition.
• Perform low to mid-level troubleshooting of SmartMine UG FMS, and ensure that the application, communications network and data storage systems are functional at all times.
• Maintain adequate system logistics and spare parts and ensuring that there are adequate kits for repairs.
• Maintain good working relationships with mining operations, instrumentation team, IT support team and MIS Engineers.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Electronic & Communication Technology or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience in Dispatch Mining or a Maintenance role
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge of fleet management system
• Computer Skills, Excel, Word, Email
• Radio equipment troubleshooting
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.