Heavy Machinery Equipment (HME) Section Leader-078434
HEAVY MACHINERY EQUIPMENT (HME) SECTION LEADER
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Heavy Machinery Equipment (HME) Section Leader based at Buzwagi Mine. This role reports to the Asset Reliability Manager and the role holder will be accountable to co-ordinate, direct and organize systems and team effort to deliver industry best practice in HME Management.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• To ensure that team members achieve their performance objectives, and have development plans in place and achieve the milestones of the plans.
• To improve reliability improvement by ensuring mobile equipment availabilities for Marc & Non-Marc HME and LV’s.
• Ensure planned maintenance (PM) compliance; improve Mean Time between Failure (MTBF) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Maintenance cost reduction (cost / hr).
• Ensure that identified Business Improvement initiatives are implemented and benefits realised.
• Establish an off-site repair and component rebuilds process, including the sourcing of dedicated suppliers with the relevant agreements/ arrangements in place.
• To ensure repairable processes are developed so that internal workings are efficient and effective and items are tracked and managed through the full life-cycle.
• Reduction in stock-out events, with zero stock-outs on critical equipment.
• Weekly tracking and reporting of the status of all outstanding spares.
• Ensure that aall vehicle / equipment parts on consignment or in stock (ANSI).
• Implement an effective planned maintenance parts planning system for all planned maintenance activities, ensuring that all planned parts are available one week before usage.
• To comply with the Risk Management Systems by ensuring a reduction in incidents and accidents, identifying key risks in terms of safety, environment, health as well as production and ensuring that corrective actions implemented on time.
• Ensure that key risks in the section achieve a rating of well-managed, and that critical controls are effective and residual risk is medium.
• Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports are always on time, very accurate and contain appropriate content.
• To effectively provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
• Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Post graduate studies in finance, economics or business will be advantageous
• 7-10 years’ experience in the mining industry in a maintenance role with 2-3 years’ experience in an operational leadership role (maintenance management position).
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Business improvement tools and processes
• Open pit Mining
• Planned Maintenance
• Project Management, governance and controls
• Reliability theory
• Team leadership
• Capability of performing equipment analysis and fault diagnosis
• Customer Service
Online application,click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.