Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Reporting to: Country Director
Job Category: Management
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Purpose of the role
As a member of management, to support the Country Director (CD) and other members of the team in efficient use and allocation of financial resources in accordance with set policies and procedures.
• The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, & administration at FEED office in Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for accurate financial record keeping, reconciliations and office administration.
• The FM will be responsible for managing all bank statements, inventory records, invoices, documentations of all balance sheet accounts, and prepare financial statements and reports. The Job-holder will be expected to make recommendations as well as assist the team interpret financial reports and departmental budgets, working closely with HODs to implement effective financial management system.
• The FM will work closely with the Grants Team & Chief Financial Officer Head Office.
Summary of Duties:
• Support the team in developing long term program funding strategy.
• Ensure implementation, and management of financial systems and procedures.
• Adherence to internal controls, International Finance standards and efficient use of financial resources.
• Support program teams develop realistic budgets, effective monitoring, timely and accurate reporting.
• Developing and documenting financial procedures to ensure full accountability.
• Oversee drawing & managing of Donor/Service contracts adhering to legal requirements.
• Review and analyze the current inventory and Procurement manual, control systems and procedures.
• Provide financial & technical support to management and budget-holders.
• Identify training needs of the finance and support team, develop and strengthen capacity on various professional fronts.
• Ensure compliance with all Statutory and organization audit requirements.
• Manage payroll, leave records and benefits systems for staff based on HR policies
• Sending out monthly summaries to all Managers regarding departmental budgets’ updates and holding regular meetings with them to provide financial leadership.
• Oversee administration functions, Procurement, HR & IT support, logistics, fleet operations, office inventory and other day to day running.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures for the administration are followed.
• Support Country Director to coordinate visitors and events in the country office.
• Flexible to take up other duties assigned by the Country/Regional Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
• Professional qualifications in CPA/ACCA a Masters will be an added advantage.
• 5 years accounting experience, 3 be at Senior Program Accountant level.
• Excellent Accounting computer experience and knowledge of QuickBooks will be an advantage.
• Experience budgeting, financial reporting and administration preferably within NGO setting.
• Experience in managing and reporting on multi-donor fundings
• Flexible to travel occasionally and support field projects.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to think strategically and meet strict deadlines.
• Good knowledge of local Procurement and Labour laws and best practises.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili needed
• International experience an advantage
• Commitment to FEED values and observe Child Protection Policies
If you meet the requirements mentioned above please send your application and detailed CV to
HR-KENYA@feedthechildren.org by 18th July 2016.
Feed the Children is an equal opportunity employer committed
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.