Tuesday, 19 July 2016
Job Opportunity at Marie Stopes Tanzania, Project Manager
OUR MISSION: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MST is a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 45 countries worldwide. MST’s goal is to improve quality of life in Tanzania by dramatically improving access to and use of family planning and other reproductive health services.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
The Project Manager reports to the Project Lead and is responsible for the management and coordination of a donor-funded project(s) assigned to him / her. The Project Manager coordinates monitors, evaluates, implements and reviews effectiveness of donor project plans, strategies, policies and activities in line with the projects goals and objectives.
• Prepare project implementation work-plans and budgets quarterly/annually, and ensure implementations of the plans
• Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, Semi- Annual and Annual project and reports to donors
• Participate in both internal and external project reviews and evaluations of the assigned project(s)
• Coordinate, facilitate and provide any operational support to field staff on the implementation of all activities in the work plans
• On monthly and quarterly basis monitor project financial utilisation as per approved budget and identify mitigation measures in case of poor progress
• Participate and coordinate quarterly projects review sessions and set strategies to mitigate challenges faced.
• Conduct regularly project monitoring/facilitative supervision and update the Head of Projects on the status on monthly basis
• Mentor and lead assigned project officers in coordination with the Director of Health services
• Manage consultants assigned to different activities in line with the project work plans
• Ensure that all staff under assigned Project(s) are performance managed i.e. have annual KPIs set, performance review conducted on regular basis and feedback provided and disciplinary actions taken in cases of gross misconduct
• Identify areas for staff development (supervisees) and facilitate development of personal development plans
• Conduct Supportive supervision to the field staff and provide day to day coaching and mentoring to the project team.
• Master’s Degree in social sciences (MPH, epidemiology, sociology, community development etc). Candidates without Master’s degree will be considered if they present demonstrated experience of working as project manager for a period of at least three years
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management cycle, Log Frame Analysis, work planning, reporting and Results-Based Management tools.
• Demonstrated experience of working on BCC/IEC program, with experience working with and managing creative agencies
• Experience working with USAID – funded projects will be great advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience on project/business management
• Experience of setting up, and/or closing down projects
• Experience in managing youth, IEC and BCC related activities
• Contributing to the preparation and regular monitoring of project work plan, budgets and proposals
• Experience on financial management of Donor funded projects
• Development of project financial and narrative reports Working closely with other stakeholders including the Government Authorities at national, Regional, District and community levels
• Collaborating and Networking with other NGOSs/CSOs at national, local and international levels
• Experience in documentation of lessons learnt/success stories and best practice
• Desirable: Experience of working on health-related/community development projects
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.