OUR MISSION: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MST is a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 45 countries worldwide. MST’s goal is to improve quality of life in Tanzania by dramatically improving access to and use of family planning and other reproductive health services.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
The Logistics Officer, reporting to Logistics manager is responsible for supporting Marie Stopes Tanzania routine logistical operations function smoothly and efficiently, meeting the needs of its clients.
- To clear goods including liaising with customs agencies; facilitation of shipment of goods; liaising with sender offices and customs agencies.
- To process the import permit for pharmaceuticals and medical supplies with the respective authorities.
- To work closely with security companies that provide services to MST and provide necessary support that may be required;
- To prepare and maintain the drug ordering calendar, receive, and compile quarterly drugs and medical supplies requests from field to ensure proper approvals and timely ordering and supply.
- To work with suppliers and procurement to monitor distribution of the supplies to field and timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- To keep records and inventory of all Marie Stopes Tanzania property for the Support Office and field
- To dispose properties in accordance with MST regulations/policies.
- To review monthly stock status reports and stock utilization as documented by various data sources (including CLIC and Inflow systems), investigate any significant variances and recommended action to be taken to the logistics manager.
- To work in collaboration with Inventory Controller to maintain accurate Inflow systems inventory orders and distribution for a proper documentation
- To conduct with supervision form the Logistics manager regular monitoring and supervision visits to centers and outreach teams to review and ascertain if BIN/Stock card and sheets are updated regularly to reflect stock movement
- Work closely with Finance team and Clinics Lead to ensure stock check and stock account are conducted as per plan
- To provide backup support to centers and outreach staff on proper documentation and control of inventory
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience in stores and logistics in a large organisation (NGO or commercial sector).
- Demonstrable experience of a range of logistics and stores activities including, but not limited to: stores, logistics and security.
- Holder of a Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- Demonstrable computer skills, particularly Word, Excel and stock management computer programmes
- Knowledge of institutional donor in the sector and related compliance regulations (e.g., DFID, USAID)
- Pharmacological experience; knowledge of drugs and pharmacy management
- Past experience or training in transportation management and /or security issues
- Qualifications in supply chain management or aspects of supply chain management
- Registered by the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB)
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post, a curriculum vitae (CV) and names of three referees with their phone numbers and email addresses, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street
P. O. Box 7072,
Dar Es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.