Tuesday, 19 July 2016
Job Opportunity at Marie Stopes Tanzania, Procurement Officer
OUR MISSION: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MST is a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 45 countries worldwide. MST’s goal is to improve quality of life in Tanzania by dramatically improving access to and use of family planning and other reproductive health services.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the systematic execution of all procurement procedures, and for the timely and cost effective purchasing of all equipment, supplies and services required by MST. The Procurement Officer ensures that all purchases adhere to MSI Partnership best-practice, MST Procurement Guidelines, follow donor-compliance guidelines, and are fit for purpose and best value for money.
Responsibilities and Examples of Duties:
• Ensure that all goods and services are of acceptable quality and are purchased and delivered on time
• Actively coordinate with all departments and centres as necessary to ensure timely procurement of equipment and services that are fit for purpose and best value for money
• Coordinate Procurement committee meetings, including preparation of agenda, documentation, taking minutes etc.
• Ensure that all aspects of the procurement process to comply with MST/MSI and donor regulations and no procurement rejected for non compliance by auditors
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers and develop new supplier links within. The Procurement Officer will continuously negotiate contracts with suppliers to develop mutually beneficial long-term partnerships and the best possible service and price for MST.
• Prepare and compare quotations and tenders, ensuring compliance with MST/MSI and donor procurement guidelines, and make recommendations to Executive Team on favourable supply to ensure value for money is achieved.
• Review and process Purchase Request Forms, Request for Quotation, Summary Bid Analysis and Purchase Order using Inflow Procurement system;
• Prepare and administer purchasing contracts on behalf of management under the guidance of the Procurement Manager
• Manage the shipping and clearing of goods into Tanzania: including liaising with customs agencies, Ministry of Health for import permits clearing agents and donors; facilitation of shipment of goods liaising with sender offices.
• Coordinate with MSI Procurement and Logistics Department in London to ensure that all equipment and pharmaceutical products ordered internationally, or through the MSI Support Office in London, are ordered in a timely manner and cleared through customs quickly and cost effectively
• To ensure purchase orders are raised by Procurement Department in respect of purchases made.
• To ensure INFLOW procurement system is used to implement procurement business process to create, process and approval of purchase orders, create master data for products and suppliers, exporting purchase orders and generating procurement related reports.
• To process tax exemptions with TRA, donors and Ministry of Health, keep proper records of local tax laws and other procurement regulations
• Process Vendors payments timely;
• Follow up on all deliverables which are not invoiced
Record keeping and documentation
• Ensure that complete records are kept for all procurement and ensure that goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location/person.
• Develop and maintain a database of preferred suppliers, ensuring all suppliers are appropriately accredited.
• Keep proper records of service/ other contract documents with suppliers.
• Keep proper records of tenders/bids in respect of purchases
• Responsible for maintaining all Procurement Dept. files in a professional manner.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• A minimum Bachelor´s Degree in Procurement / or Supply Chain Management
• Fluent in English both oral and written.
• Knowledge of USAID and other Donors´ policies and regulations
• Registered with PSPT (Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board)
• Graduate from PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board) with CPSP(Certified Procurement and Suppliers Professional) or equivalent
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical procurement
• At least 3 years of handling all aspects of the procurement process for supplies, equipment and services within a large organisation
• Demonstrated experience of strong negotiating skills and actively managing relations with suppliers
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.