COUNTRY ACCOUNTANT JOBMIATV is a social enterprise that produces media to address social issues and generate impact throughout sub-Saharan Africa. With offices in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, MIATV produces across platforms, targeting media interventions directly at populations at the bottom of the pyramid in partnership with our Content Partners. One of our formats is Minibuzz, a thirty‐minute current affairs television program filmed on a minibus where passengers discuss and debate the news and issues affecting their lives.
Accountant reports to the Country Manager in Tanzania and CFO in Headquarters. Contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing the financial process, overseeing the accounting function, Tanzania statutory requirements budgeting, forecasting, internal control and compliance.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for internal and external users in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow management and forecast report for Country Manager and HQ.
- Manage petty cash disbursement on a daily basis and prepare accurately petty cash reporting to the Country Manager and HQ on weekly basis.
- Ensure timely presentation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure billing is completed on a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including, TRA and other bodies.
- Timely and accurate calculation and payment of monthly VAT returns withholding, city levy, and workmen’s compensation.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets.
- Review monthly results, analyze, and explain variances compared to budget and prior year.
- HR Administration
- Assist the CFO with financial reporting for the board and other stakeholders.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Country Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Payroll preparation and administration
- Prepare all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process statutory and benefits remittances on timely basis. (PAYE, PPF , NHIF and SDL)
- Manage the tracking of leave, and holidays in accordance with company policy.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years continuous accounting experience.
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills.
- Good working knowledge of international accounting reporting standard (IFRS).
- Good understanding and knowledge of Tanzania and tax law and comfortable on dealing with TRA on any tax matters arising
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Proven problem solving skills and deadline driven.
- Understanding of NGO policies and grant reporting will be an added advantage.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please send your CV + cover letter to email@example.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.