MTL CONSULTING COMPANY Ltd (MTL) is a consulting firm specializing in mining, oil and gas and environmental management. The company was established in 1998 and has its headquarters in Dar es Salaam, a branch office in Kampala, Uganda and representation in other East African countries. It is registered with ERB as a Local Consulting Firm in the specialized field of Mining Engineering and with the National Environment Management Council (NEMC) for conducting Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Audits. More details on the company can be' accessed by visiting the company website at www.mtlconsuitinq-tz.com’
The company is on a growth path and is seeking to recruit qualified, dynamic and experienced expert to fill the following vacant position: Social Scientist
This is a professional level position and requires a well-qualified, experienced and skilled social scientist.
The incumbent will report to the Environmental Manager. He/she will be responsible for planning,
supervision and implementation of all social, economic and community-aspects of company projects. The position is
Key Responsibilities for this position will include
- Development and preparation of project proposals; Conducting socio-economic surveys and social impact assessment of various projects especially in the extractive industry;
- Preparation of land acquisition and resettlement action plans;
- Conducting community and other stakeholder consultations during Environmental and Social
- Impact Assessment and Audit process; and
- Managing staff reporting to him/her
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competences
- A postgraduate degree in Sociology, Community Development or Economics. A first degree with strong experience will be considered;
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and managing resettlement programmes;
- Knowledge and experience in conducting ESIAs, Environmental Audits or Environmental
- Monitoring for large scale projects;
- Ability to work under pressure, work in remote locations and be a team player;
- Demonstrable report writing and communication skills in English and Kiswahili; and Fully computer literate. Knowledge of application of GIS in social sciences will be an added advantage;
This positions is available on a 6 month contract, based on performance and project time frame.
Salaries will be negotiated based on qualification and experience. Applicants should be prepared, ready and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines including working during weekends and public holidays. The successful candidates will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travelling to project sites in Tanzania and abroad.
To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org cc:
email@example.com by 2nd August 2016.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.