Friday, 22 July 2016
Job Opportunity at Next Couriers & Logistics Ltd, Financial Controller
POSITION: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
Next Couriers is a Tanzanian company, formed in 2005 offering the following services, Next day delivery throughout Tanzania, Overnight delivery to and from Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro,Tanga, Mwanza, Zanzibar and Manyara.International Courier Services through our partners. Collections and Deliveries can be made at any time to suit your business.Our head office is in Arusha with a branch in Dar es Salaam.
Our Mission is to provide our clients with a service embracing the ideal of excellence and performance, outstanding value, best advice, honesty and integrity, humour and understandingwith total accountability
Our clients are hard-working, demanding professionals working to tight deadlines and budgets who need results not excuses. Our prices... competitive at first sight, outstanding value at second sight, priceless thereafter. Long term our service levels guarantee to save you money!
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Proven working experience as a Controller
• 2+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• A degree in Accounting, Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• CPA or CMA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Solid experience in courier, freight, logistics and transportation industry.
• Must be self-motivated, passionate and enthusiastic.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The salary and other benefits are open for discussion, that it’s negotiable.
Deadline of application: 12th August 2016. Send your application to email@example.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.