Plan is an international child – centered Development Organization whose mission is to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives. Plan has been working in Tanzania since 1991, supporting children and communities to gain better access to health, education, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihoods and protection.
Plan International Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the below to support our response to the Burundi Refugees in the new camps Kibondo (Nduta & Mtendeli). These positions are contingent upon approval of funds by the donor.
1. PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Job purpose and summary: Plan International will implement a new programming in Nduta and Mtendeli camps – Kibondo and Kakonkoo District – Kigoma Region. The purpose of the position to provide transportation services to staff and documentation in a safe, courteous and timely manner to enable effectively implementation of assigned activities in the emergency program area. Generally responsible for staff and material transportation, vehicle maintenance, clerical services etc.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
- Analyse and consolidate requisitions for purchasing in accordance with Plan policies and procedures
- Consolidate project material requirements submitted by the emergence response staff for purchases.
- In collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Manager and Purchase committee, compile an updated pre-qualified suppliers list and submit to the ERM and for review and approval.
- Ensure procurement transactions have adequate and accurate supporting documentation.
- Comply with Plan policies and procedures on procurement, storage, inventory, distribution and receipt of all Plan materials/goods.
- Obtain quotations, delivery costs and items and negotiate terms and conditions on behalf of Plan Tanzania.
- Ensuring compliance of the organizational policies and procedures as far as supply chain functions are concerned. These will include, fleet management policies, procurement policies and procedures, asset management policies, etc.
- Identify suppliers with capacity to support emergency response
- Carry out a market scan for goods and services for emergency preparedness
- Participate in emergency response meetings.
- Implement emergency procurement guidelines and procures for logistics and administration.
KNOWELDGE AND EDUCATION
• University degree in Procurement and Supply chain Management, Administration, Logistics or Business management field with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in similar role at a reputable organization.
• A professional qualification and membership of recognized purchasing and supplies institution.
• Demonstrated relevant progressive experience in similar posts
• Deeper understanding of the various Donor grants procurement rules and guidelines
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan International Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26th July, 2016. Applicants will be shortlisted and contacted as they come in basis.