Summary Description of the Job:
The full-time Gender and Inclusion Specialist will be based in and work from the Tusome Pamoja Dar es Salaam office, unless on temporary assignment for the program. The Specialist will provide technical support in the following core areas:
- To provide technical assistance to Tusome Pamoja interventions and activities to ensure that equity issues (gender and inclusion) are considered and addressed within the context of the program equity plan.
- To provide technical assistance across the three core result areas of the Tusome Pamoja program to jointly identify and develop initiatives that will support the inclusion of vulnerable groups in the program goals, within the parameters of the program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
S/he will collaborate across technical teams and with national and sub-national beneficiaries and provide gender and inclusion advisory support to implement agreed activities.
- Identification of equity issues affecting pre-primary and primary education, notably early grade reading, writing and math;
- Support the development of a gender and inclusion framework addressing identified equity issues and a methodology for ensuring inclusion in teaching and learning practices both within and outside of the school;
- Contribute to teacher and head teacher/ward/district officer professional development interventions to ensure teachers, mentors and managers are equipped with appropriate knowledge and skills to implement inclusive approaches at the sub-national level;
- Contribute to the development of teaching and learning materials with a focus on gender and inclusion;
- Support program dialogue with government agencies and sector partners in the development of lessons learned and contribution to sector development in the areas of equitable service delivery, with focus on gender and vulnerable groups; and Contribute to quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports and presentations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master’s degree in education (curriculum, teaching, literacy) or gender studies, inclusive education or another appropriate subject area
- At least 5 years of experience in education projects or programs, preferably working with early grade literacy or mathematics;
- At least five years’ experience of progressive involvement in education equity issues, notably at least two of the following: gender in education, inclusion, teaching and learning methodology, community engagement strategies
- Experience in collaborating successfully with a variety of partners, including government and ministry counterparts, local government and educational leaders.
- Strong oral/written communication skills (i.e., able to communicate effectively and in a timely manner across geographic and cultural differences)
- Fluency in English and Swahili (both written and spoken)
- Proven to be a strong trainer, mentor or coach
Please email your CV/Resume and Cover Letter only to: email@example.com Application deadline is July 13, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.