ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
THPS is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organisation act No 24 0f 2002 as part of partnership framework implementation plan between the USG and the Government of Tanzania which calls for an uninterrupted transition of PEPFAR funded HIV and AIDS programs into local entities. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health and Social Welfare in Tanzania (MoHSW) and Regional Administration and local government (PMORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzanian’s through establishment and strengthening of comprehensive family focused HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment services. This is a continuation of the PEPFAR funded broader US Government HIV/AIDS initiatives through Centres for Disease Control Tanzania (CDC) in Tanzania.
As CDC prime awardees; THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following position in Dar Es Salaam:
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Intervention Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Implementation Coordinator
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel of up to 50% )
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Overall Responsibilities: Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) in collaboration with Tanzania Ministry of Health and Social Welfare National AIDS Control Program(MOHSW- NACP) and PEPFAR Tanzania seeks a Tanzanian to serve as ‘Assistant Intervention Coordinator” to coordinate and the intervention component of an Impact Evaluation study on the Coordinated, integrated use of non-clinical health workers on linkage to and retention in HIV/AIDS care in the United Republic of Tanzania. The successful candidate should have knowledge of the Tanzanian health systems and community support services for PLHIV and skills in training, and supervise intervention teams working with national and other implementing partners’ teams. The incumbent will have an opportunity to work with an international study team on the evaluation and have research skills and capacity built through ongoing mentorship.
- Work with Implementation Coordinator to facilitate activities to implement the intervention Participate in rolling out of the study at intervention sites
- Work with regional coordinators to ensure all SOPs, job aids, monitoring tools, and other study materials are utilized
- Prepare logistics for training activities for selected facilities and intervention staff
- Conduct implementation meetings with stakeholders and intervention staff
- Conduct supportive supervision visits to the intervention and control study sites
- Represent the project at national and international meetings as required
- Participate in data analysis, publication, and dissemination activities
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent. Master of Public Health and research experience is an added advantage;
- Three (3) years of related experience in HIV care, support and treatment programs is an added advantage;
- Experience collecting and reporting health-monitoring data is preferred.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by August 5th 2016 with a subject line for example: Assistant Intervention Coordinator. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.