Network Engineer (1 position) to join Directorate of Technology and Operations. The work station is
TPB Head Office in Dar es Salaam.
Reporting Line: Chief Manager Hardware and Data Communication
Locations: Dar es Salaam
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Division: Technology & Operations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
The Incumbent works on designing, implementing, monitoring network infrastructure that connects
TPB systems with partners, core infrastructure and business units. The scope of the position includes
developing and managing TPB network to meet business objectives and ensure Network setup and
configurations complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information and
network access. Responsible and accountable for support of TPB ICT Networks infrastructure, Local
Area Network (LANs), and virtual private Networks/Wide Area Network (VPN/WAN), Servers and
Domain controllers, all other networked hardware including the branch Networks to meet the TPB
Network standards, demands and deadlines. To analyse, design, program, test network hardware and
software and install and configure and implement new systems. Also accountable for ICT Networks
security implementations, ensure the network is properly protected by use of properly configured
routers, switches, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems and Domain Controllers. Support and train
end users and coordinate, guide and prepare standards to ensure reliability and availability of
- Establish networking environment and designing network systems, performing configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; performing network optimization
- Coordinate with security systems to secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Configure and monitor TPB’s and partner’s network connectivity to TPB data centres.
- Ensure Network backup is performed and data sent offsite.
- Resolve all reported network outage incidents and take actions to prevent recurrence on future.
- Plan, Develop, document, implement and update business continuity and disaster recovery plan for TPB networks.
- Maintains quality service by following organization and industry standards.
- Harden network systems by performing upgrades and configurations to improve network risks.
- Maintain dynamic Network and its hardware configuration database by collecting, adding, removing or updating configuration unit changes and documenting of new and existing network infrastructure.
- Assist development of strategies and methods to promote optimal data centre efficiency in the area of servers back up and security, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Assist management of data centre and server risk by identifying, quantifying, documenting and escalating issues that may lead to Data centre non-availability.
- Support the planning, design and implementation of reliable, cost-effective compute
- Network Infrastructure technical solutions;
- Support working with vendors, service providers and other technology groups to resolve problems;
- Assist to manage, monitor and coordinate interactions with third parties, service providers, vendors and external contractors of hardware, software, network, data centre and enterprise server to ensure delivery of high Quality service and above expected SLA’s
- Monitoring networks equipment’s’ and servers’ capacity and performance by introducing tools to support automated capacity utilization and performance monitoring.
- Provide support to Help-Desk and other support officers on LAN/WAN, servers availability calls.
- Enhance knowledge base for Enterprise server related incidents by developing and maintaining documentation of frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), support issues, work around and problem resolution approaches.
- Assist in implementation of domain administration tasks as required by the bank’s security policies, performance requirements and industrial best practices.
- Design, Implement and/or direct the use of appropriate server backup methodologies and technologies
- Design and Implement Enterprise email system.
- Ensure high availability of production IBM infrastructure and servers by direct use of and implementation of various IBM technologies and supporting methodologies.
- To implement and support telephone (PABX) systems, do capacity planning for growth and expansion and assure that PABX system are highly available to users
- Assist CM-HDC to develop and maintain a road map for the Bank’s network infrastructure including the convergence of data and voice Technologies;
- To assist in the development and implementation of system policies, procedures, standards and controls to ensure data accuracy and security that they comply with the legal and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that TPB ICT complies with existing ICT-Policies, procedures and processes requirements and embed Risk Management principles within its operations.
- To design, survey space requirements and premises to ascertain that the available
- space for new equipment installations and network implementation meets requirement. Also, design hardware arrangements within available space.
- To provide support and monitor vendors during implementation of their contracts.
- To conduct routine network, hardware and software audits for compliance with established network standards.
- To prepare specifications and cost estimates for equipment and installations, or service to be procured.
- To analyze and specify requirements for site improvement and new network deployment.
- Work with other Directorates and section within ICT to facilitate preparation and simulation of disaster recovery action plan for Business Continuity on hardware, software and networks’ availability as well as other systems that depend on them.
- To provide first-level support in the maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- To support routine ICT tasks including Night Processing, systems’ users access administration, regular ICT maintenance services and Standby Support.
- Assist in implementation and support the DRS systems that are operational and available. To make sure that the databases at DRS are replica of the production on daily basis. Maintenance of links and power systems to ascertain that the DRS is up and ready for use.
- Assist in implementation and support of power systems to make sure that the data centre and DRS system can be supported by the power standby system (UPS) within a certain time period which allows graceful shutdown of servers and peripherals to avoid damages during power outages.
- Assist in implementation and support of security systems at both data centres and branches these include CCTV, intruder alarms, access controllers physically and logically, should assure that at all times they are working and provides reports when needed.
- Assist to prepare monthly reports on activities assigned to ICT, Hardware & Data Communication (Infrastructure), verifications of billing data and invoices from vendors and contractors and follow up that vendors and ICT contractors are paid timely.
- Contribute to Risk (fraud) identification and mitigation methods by following Risk and ICT standards and practices for risk management
- Recommend ICT cost reduction strategies by analysing IT service cost structures.
- To provide training to staff in use of network services, e-mail, internet, VoIP and other administrative systems.
- To do any other job as may be assigned from time to time.
- Customer retention as a result of high customer service standards
- Business growth as evidenced by attaining budget figures on revenue
- Minimization of Operational Costs
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor degree/Advance diploma Computer science, Information
Technology, and Telecommunication Science or engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in ICT field, solid experience in network systems installation, configuration and support
- Experience of working with Linux / UNIX, MS-Windows Servers and workstations environments and office automation applications
- Added skills and certifications MCSE and Linux, CCNP
Skills / Attributes:
- Strong leadership & people management skills
- Strong technical skills in network and servers
- Prioritize tasks and organization
- Team player and able to work under pressure.
- Adherence to the regulations and company policies
- Integrity and able to work without supervision.
- Problem solving analytical skills
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in
any way be attached during application.
Avoid scams: NEVER pay to have
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.