Health Consultant (Monitoring)
Post Level National Officer, Level B (NOB)
Type of Contract Consultancy
UNICEF Tanzania is supporting the implementation of a maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (MNCAH)
programme in Mbeya and Songwe regions. The programme aims at improving availability and readiness of quality MNCAH services; increasing utilization and community awareness and demand for quality MNCAH services. This programme is implemented primarily in 30 strategic facilities (dispensaries and health centers). UNICEF is recruiting a Health Consultant (NOB) based in Mbeya who will be accountable for professional technical contribution to planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of the MNCAH programme, including oversight and close monitoring of
activity implementation, programme data collection, analysis and progress reporting. Overall, the Consultant will work in support of achievement of planned objectives of UNICEF work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
- Conduct monthly visits to all 30 strategic health facilities and report the progress of renovation and refurbishment; status of the distribution, instalment and use of procured equipment; status of training plans and trainees; number of clients and referral including ambulance use; status of birth preparedness plans and partograph use; including any other information agreed with UNICEF
- Provide feedback through reports as well as phone/email communication to UNICEF as well as RMO’s office and seek follow-up actions
- Assist the regions and districts for the planning, implementation and monitoring of activities supported by UNICEF
- Provide technical assistance to the health staff as well as regional and district offices as required for the effective implementation of UNICEF supported program.
Expected Qualification and Experience
- An undergraduate medical or nursing degree
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in public health and/or in maternal and neonatal health care in Tanzania
- Experience of field based monitoring of health programme at various levels of health facilities
- Experience of working with government is desirable
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is a requirement
- The Consultant is expected to be hosted at the Mbeya Regional Medical Officer’s offices
- Under consultancy agreements, a month is defined as 21 working days, and fees are prorated accordingly.
- Consultants are not entitled to payment of overtime. All remuneration must be within the contract agreement
- Consultant will be required to sign a health statement for consultants/individual contractor prior to taking up the assignment, and to document that they have appropriate health insurance, including medical evacuation.
- Interested candidates should apply online with a copy of their C.V. and P11, which can be obtained from http://unicef.org/about/employment/index_apply.html and address to:
The Human Resources Manager, UNICEF
Tanzania Country Office,
Dar Es Salaam, and send to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications not quoting the title will automatically be disqualified.
- DO NOT attach copies of your certificates/diplomas.
- No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.