FINANCE MANAGER - INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Williamson Diamond Mine is located about 160 kilometres (99 miles) south of the town of Mwanza in Kishapu District of Shinyanga Region in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Job Grade: D4
Reference Nr: WDL-FIN-016
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Commercial Manager of the mine. As this role will oversee the full finance function, we specifically need a strong and energetic individual with solid managerial experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Play an integral role on the Management Team and together drive the operational performance and achieve operational targets
- Deliver on all financial deliverables and reporting requirements the associated deadlines are met
- Play an integral part in the operational performance of the mine by providing a complete and fully functional financial service to all stakeholders
- Lead and manage the financial team through hands-on management and applying industry best practices
- Initiate, develop, implement, streamline and maintain the necessary Financial strategies, policies and procedures within the company to effectively manage finances overall
- Keep the Mine Manager, HOD’s and all budget holders informed and fully aware of all financial related matters that may impact on the business units on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure financial governance, internal controls and compliance to the Group’s standards and reporting requirements are achieved in the specific timeline
- Ensure legislative and corporate governance compliance requirements to manage risk
- Ensure effective cash flow management to ensure attainment of organizational targets
- Review capital expenditure and forecasts to ensure alignment with business strategy and to optimize return on investment
- Ensure personal and co-workers’ adherence and compliance to Security and company’s SHE objectives
- Act in the role of the Commercial Manager when he/she is out of office.
- Required to work according to the Mine’s Code of Ethical Conduct, and report any observations of this not being done
- Completed NBAA Professional Final Stage, a postgraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA (T) and registered by NBAA under “Associate” or “Fellow” category or able to reach this level within 24 months
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior finance role, preferably in the mining industry
- Advanced computer literacy and AccPac experience essential
- Up to date with accounting standards
- Fluent in speaking and writing Swahili and English
- Be independent, proactive thinker and have the ability to do own job planning
- Good communication skills
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral Policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you are already employed by Petra Diamonds, please submit an authorised internal application form, your résumé, qualifications and ID when applying.
Please complete an application form (available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies) and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID, to
fax +27 (0)86 692 2442 by 15 August 2016.
Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: South Africa 0800 22 22 00 (toll free from an RSA
Source: Daily News 22 July, 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.