Sunday, 10 July 2016
Security Systems Technician at Acacia Mining
Security Systems Technician-078984
SECURITY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Security Systems Technician based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the First Line Leader - Security and the role holder will be accountable to maintain, repair and install the Security Systems on the mine site.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being fourteen (14) days on and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Maintain the required standards with regards to all Security Systems, Software and Hardware support and maintenance.
• Identify and analyse poor performance of the Security System and repair and replace equipment where necessary.
• Ensure high availability of Security Systems equipment and ensure security standards are adhered to.
• Ensure that the necessary reporting functions for the Security Systems are adhered to.
• Ensure all Gold Security Standards related maintenance schedules are adhered to.
• Identify security risks to all systems and rectify these.
• Ensure the Security System’s integrity is maintained.
• Liaise with all Security Role stakeholders and the Mining Investigation Group (MIG) to ensure that the CCTV systems function to the advantage of any events/ actions that may affect the security of the site.
• Ensure that risk assessments are completed and that risk plans have been recorded for the Security Systems section.
• Ensure that all incidents in Security Systems Section are investigated in accordance with Company Standards.
• Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed on time, accurately and with appropriate content.
• Ensure that the report on non-compliance to GSS is in place, and that all Security Systems documents are managed effectively and filed accordingly for easy referral.
• To assist with the review and update of Security Systems SOP’s as required.
• Tertiary qualification / certification in Electronics, CCTV or IT
• At least 5 years’ experience in Security Systems maintenance, installation and administration.
• Experience in Babylon Access Control and Dallmeier CCTV will be an advantage.
• Experience in IT LAN configuration and maintenance.
• Previous gold mining experience in the Security field.
• Project management experience will be advantageous.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Security Systems & practices
• Use of Force and Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
• Project management
• Time Management
• Problem Solving, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Proven and developed administrative skills
• Effective Communication both written and verbal
• Report writing
Online application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.