Friday, 19 August 2016
2 Job Opportunities at Jhpiego
Position: Sustainability VMMC Technical Advisor -1 position based in Dar
The Sustainability Technical Advisor will provide technical oversight for the strategic transition of VMMC and EIMC services to the MOHCDGEC in lringa, Njombe and Tabora. Working closely with the AIDSFree Chief of Party, Sustainability and Capacity-Building Director, and Sr. VMMC Technical Advisor, the Sustainability Technical Advisor will have responsibili1y for providing technical guidance during the transrtion process in lringa and Njombe regions and beginning the foundation for sustainability planning in Tabora Region. The Sustainability Technical Advisor will work closely with the Sr. VMMC Technical Advisor to cultivate strong relationships between AIDSFree, the National AIDS Control Program, Reproductive and Child Health Services and other agencies to ensure the relevant policies and national, regional and district support are in place for the transition. The Sustainability Technical Advisor will contribute to the sustainability framework and work with national MOHCDGEC stakeholders and regional administration and local government (RALG) to build VMMC capacity at the regional, district, facility and community levels while maintaining quality standards and achieving set targets. The Sustainability Technical Advisor will be instrumental at the site and district level to work closely with the VMMC facili1y teams, to attain clear sustainability milestones using a phased approach to transition.
Develop and share the vision; and ensure the quality and execution of AIDSFree technical leadership in EIMC and VMMC implement good practices to facilitate integration
Collaborate with key stakeholders and other implementing partners to transition VMMC services to be sustainable and integrated at the health facility level.
Collaborate with key regional and local government stakeholders to ensure high quality and efficient VMMC EIMC services as they integrate and transition to the MOHCDGEC
Work collaboratively with AIDSFree VMMC and EIMC staff in the regions to ensure that resources for effective and timely program implementation are available.
Work collaboratively with M&E to ensure that appropriate data are collected and that data are being used and shared for decision- making.
Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key partners including the NACP, national, regional and district MOH staff, CHMTs, RHMTs, RALG, TACAIDS, WHO, and other partners implementing VMMC activities.
Engage with CSOs and the private sector to leverage and secure appropriate resources for long term VMMC sustainability
Represent sustainable VMMC at key technical meetings both in Tanzania and externally.
Contribute to quarterly and annual reports.
Provide technical assistance on sustainability to other Jhpiego programs, as requested
• Advanced degree in medicine, nursing, other health-related field, MBA or other management degree desirable.
• Demonstrated skills in sustainability planning, capacity building and implementation including health system strengthening.
• 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership and management for health programs.
• Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations.
• Experience in the development of strategic and plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs
• Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners.
• Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
• Able to manage several major activities simultaneously.
• Strong Change management knowledge, results oriented and decision making skills.
• Excellent presentation Skills and verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Administration Assistant (1 position based in Dar es Salaam)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and office support to the Sauti Dar office to ensure smooth running of the office. This includes providing administrative/office support to visitors and/or consultants. Assist with the maintenance of office assets, stores management and requesting for supplies/equipment needed for the Office. S/he will work closely with the Regional Program Manager, Dar es Salaam to ensure administrative functions are implemented and will proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
• Minimum Diploma in Office Administration or related field and/or minimum 2 years relevant experience
• Secretarial training and office/Administration management.
• Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization
• Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
• Basic store keeping or asset management experience will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references. a cover letter and your salary history.
Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 458, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks of the after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the ONLY address lo use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource through firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: The Guardian 18 August 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.