The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-14-000001. AIDSFree is implemented in multiple countries by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree advances the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level. AIDSFree is seeking an experienced Zonal Technical Advisor.The position is full-time and based at the project office in Mtwara and Dodoma, Tanzania.
Job Title: Zonal Technical Advisors
Location: Mtwara and Dodoma
Reports to: Technical Director
The Zonal Technical Advisor (ZTA) will provide technical support to health care providers in AIDSFree supported Police and Prisons health facilities in the provision of HIV/AIDS and TB prevention, care and treatment. The ZTA will provide technical assistance in areas of HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling (PITC), Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT), Adult and Pediatric Antiretroviral Treatment (ART) as well as TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Implements AIDSFree Uniformed Service Strategies and activities as described in the project documents and workplan;
• Serves as the Zonal Technical Lead in the components of comprehensive HIV and TB prevention, Care and treatment (HCT, PMTCT, TB/HIV, adult and pediatric HIV care and treatment)
• Organizes and facilitates AIDSFree supported meetings, workshops, trainings and other events in their respective zones;
• Ensures that AIDSFree-supported clinical care activities conform to current Tanzanian national guidelines;
• Supports the process of data collection, analysis, use and dissemination for improving HIV and TB service delivery at site level;
• Prepares and timely submits quality program reports related to provision of HIV and TB services in the respective zones; and
• Represents AIDSFree in their respective zones;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Medical Degree is mandatory; a post graduate training in internal medicine or infectious diseases is preferred. Masters of Public Health Training will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five years (two of which MUST be clinical work in a health facility) experience working with HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment programs.
• Relevant experience with PEPFAR funded programs. Experience in USAID rules and regulations strongly desired.
• Experience organizing and facilitating trainings, workshops and meetings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations.
• Ability to travel in the zones up to 60% of the time building capacity of facility based health care providers, RHMTs and CHMTs.
Mode of Application:
Submissions should be mailed or hand-delivered to the address below no later than September 1, 2016.
John Snow Inc. AIDS Free Project,
P.O. Box 9263, Plot No. 2 Mkwawa,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.