AUTO ELECTRICIAN (2 VACANCIES)
Acacia Mining seeks to employ two (2) Auto Electricians based at North Mara Mine in Tanzania. These roles report to the First Line Leader Light Vehicle and the role holders will be accountable to ensure that all Light Duty Mobile Equipment is maintained according to international standards and maintenance procedures in a safe and cost effective manner.
These are permanent roles, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of Acacia, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair on mobile equipment, the fixed pumping station, including air conditioning units on the mobile equipment.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in improved vehicle /machine availability.
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure that vehicles are running at peak performance
- Update all maintenance records on a daily basis.
- Determine malfunction of electrical systems by conducting visual inspection of the vehicle / equipment and troubleshooting / fault finding.
- Ensure that all work orders are correctly documented and returned to the First Line Leader.
- Rewinding motors and electronic wirings.
- Test, recondition, and replace faulty alternators, generators, and starter motors
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators, and starter motors in cars, and install electrically operated accessories as required.
- Repair or replace defective wiring in ignitions, lighting, air?conditioning, and safety control systems.
- Troubleshooting direct injection and common rail vehicle use.
- Assist with coaching team members and apprentices that are less experienced in terms of skills and technical knowledge.
- Ensure that daily reports, work orders etc. are completed on time and accurately.
- Trade Test Grade one or level three in Auto Electrical
- 3-5 years’ experience in Light Duty Mobile Equipment
- Previous experience in a mining environment.
- Experience with general mining equipment, generators and lighting plants.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s Licence
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Familiar with test instruments and able to read circuit diagrams to find electrical faults.
- Effective communicating skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to use electronic tester tools for electronic vehicles and trucks.
- High critical fault identification and fault finding skills.
- Computer literate.
- Specialist skills in auto electrical air conditioning.
- Skilled in rewinding motors and electronic wirings.
- Knowledge of basic Diesel Mechanics on vehicles.
- Experience with equipment selection and determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Good practical problem-solving skills.
- To work methodically, paying close attention to detail.
- To work well in a team and independently.
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.