Community Relations Section Leader-079296
COMMUNITY RELATIONS SECTION LEADER
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Community Relations (CR) Section Leader based at Buzwagi Mine. This role reports to the Sustainability Manager and the role holder will be accountable to ensure that all community development projects are implemented timely, grievances are dealt with and social closure matters are attended to. The incumbent will also manage the CR Projects and the Closure Section of the Sustainability Department.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Achieve safety targets in terms of Zero Fatalities, Zero Lost Time Injuries (LTI) and Zero Medical Treatment Injuries (MTI) in the section.
• Ensure adherence to health, safety and environment regulations.
• Ensure the use of required PPE in the section.
• Ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time and assist with accident investigations as required.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Ensure that historical and current CR obligations are fulfilled and closed out.
• All documentation of closed obligations is stored/ filed appropriately, with proper document control/ management.
• Proactively provide recommendations to management on how the causes of the grievances can be addressed so that future grievances can be prevented.
• All social grievances are resolved with and closed out.
• All documentation of the closure process is up to date and stored/ filed appropriately.
• Community development plans align with the Acacia Community Wellbeing strategy, and the plans are implemented effectively.
• Community members are well informed of the mining operations, and they believe that Buzwagi is a valuable member of the community.
• Ensure full participation of the relevant stakeholders in planning and implementing community development plans.
• Manage and ensure that all critical information is shared with the respective stakeholders.
• Ensure that the delivered community projects meet the intended objectives.
• Ensure that objectives are met by team members.
• Conduct performance reviews for team members and ensure that they have development plans.
• Prepare the budgets for the section and control the CR Projects and Closure Section operation costs.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Social Development, Business Administration etc.).
• Leadership / Management training will be advantageous.
• Valid Tanzanian driver’s license.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar management / supervisory role.
• Experience working internationally or with a large international organization is desirable
• Experience in conflict resolution and project management is required.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge of the mining industry, including relevant international standards and best practices
• Continuous/ Business Improvement tools and processes
• Computer skills – MS Office Suite
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to work with various stakeholders, lead staff and give presentations
• Professional level of fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
WAREHOUSE OFFICER POSITION:
WAREHOUSE OFFICER (2 VACANCIES)
Acacia Mining seeks to employ two (2) Warehouse Officers based at Buzwagi Mine. These roles report to the Warehouse First Line Leader and the role holders will be accountable to deliver quality Warehouse services to the Buzwagi operations in line with all relevant standards, policies and procedures.
This is a two (2) year fixed term contract role, with the work roster being fourteen (14) days on and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident, accident, hazard and near miss reporting, conducting risk assessments and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure that work in the Warehouse is conducted in a safe and efficient manner to achieve company targets.
• Support the Warehouse First Line Leader with his goals and KPI’s in managing the Warehouse function.
• Carry out the receipt, storage and issuing of materials, including Fuel Management as per the applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Ensure that all transactions and locations are accurate and are updated each day to maintain shelf stock accuracy.
• Put appropriate document controls in place for the receipt of delivery dockets, stock issues and shipping documentation.
• Maintain and manage daily sales orders and receiving reconciliations.
• Ensure that all delivery personnel and other visitors to the Warehouse comply with the Buzwagi Safety and any other relevant policies.
• Provide efficient and timely service to customers and departments.
• Take responsibility for the safe operation of all forklifts and other required material handling equipment in the Warehouse.
• Keep work areas clean and tidy; and demonstrate good housekeeping qualities.
• Actively participate in all Safety Programs and Safety Meetings.
• Take action to identify and rectify hazards and risks.
• Be proactive in all aspects of Process Plant & Warehouse security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
• Continually review every aspect of the Warehouse operation to ensure that opportunities to add value are identified.
• Ensure that goods are received and that provision of services is acceptable in accordance with Supply Chain Procurement requirements.
• Ensure that action is taken to resolve non-compliance with specifications.
• Any stock variation / inventory discrepancies are reported immediately as they are discovered.
• Check the comparison between balance (as per Pronto picking slip) against physical quantities available.
• Maintain accurate and up to date Warehouse records.
• Receipt of goods or services is confirmed and accounts are processed for payment according to Acacia Supply Chain Procedures.
• Records are maintained and reporting obligations are met according to Organizational and Legal requirements to provide an audit trail and for other Organizational purposes.
• Ensure that equipment is operated according to the manufacturer and company recommendations and immediately report any equipment faults.
• Accurate updating, recording and filing of documents as per applicable SOP's.
• Ensure high accuracy during Inventory counting to achieve and report the correct percentage count.
• Degree/Diploma in Business Carrier
• Supply Chain/ Warehouse qualifications will be advantageous
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Experience with software applications commonly used in Warehouse operations, e.g. Pronto, Flowcentric etc.
• Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision
• Computer records/documentation management
• Stock Control management
• Reporting skills
• Time management, scheduling and planning skills
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• English literacy and numeracy
• Computer literate
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.