Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Job Opportunities at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI), Apply Before 16 Sep 2016
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a Tanzania based non-governmental Institute with a mission of
developing and sustaining Health Research and Resource Institute capable of generating new
knowledge and relevant information for public health policy and action. IHI is one of the leading
research outfits in Africa maintaining collaboration with several other research Institutes in the
IHI invites applications from interested, suitable and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following 14
positions in the project titled SOAR. The applicants will be recruited from respective regions where
research is conducted.
The positions require candidates who will assist to screen and recruit study participants as per study
protocol and SOPs. Also the prospective employees will administer informed consents and conduct
behavioral interviews on site or at another suitable location. The position also involve coordinating
study activities between CTC in-charge, CTC counselors, CTC data manager and site management
across study districts in Tanzania.
1. POSITION: RESEARCH OFFICER (6 POSTS)
LOCATION: KAGERA REGION: Biharamulo (1), Kyelwa (1), Muleba (3) Karagwe (1)
2. POSITION: RESEARCH OFFICER (8 POSTS)
LOCATION: MBEYA REGION :Mbeya(2), Rungwe(1), Kyela(1), Mbarali(1),Chunya (1),Mbozi (1) Ileje (1)
1. Screen and recruit each study subject following study protocol and SOPs.
2. Administer informed consent and behavioral interviews (baseline, 6-month, 12-month) on site or
at another suitable location
3. Manage and direct Lay Counselors in the identification and screening of HIV positive clients at
participating HTCs including regular visits to HTCs
4. Manage study participant register
5. Manage study participant ID assignment for all study data (behavioral, in-depth interviews, viral
load, cohort monitoring, etc.)
Manage client tracing and follow-up activities for surveys and viral load sampling
6. Manage study participant reimbursements
7. Manage the collection and data entry of all related facility register data (HTS, pre-ART &
ART), CTC1 & CTC2, adherence counseling forms, and monthly appointment forms (adherence
counseling checklist, self-assessment, appointment book, tracking register, and transfer forms)
8. Prepare weekly/regular status reports
9. Coordinate and participate in project meetings and site visits
10. To participate in writing project reports
11. To support project management as need arise and when assigned by Principal Investigator
12. Transportation of viral load sample from site to IHI lab Ifakara
13. Coordinate study activities between ART manager, CTC counselors, CTC data manager and site
management as appropriate.
14. To do any other duty assigned by the Principal Investigator according to SOAR protocols and
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Have a minimum of diploma or Bachelor degree from recognized academic institutions
• At least two years’ experience in any related research activity.
• Be able to read and speak and write in both Swahili and English
• Be able to speak clearly and in a kind manner
• Be someone who pays attention to detail when listening
• Ability to use laptop computer, tablets and associated software
• Comfortable working with PLHIV
• Ability to follow complex instructions
• Commitment to confidentiality and ethics in research
• Computer skills in data collection, data entry, report writing, supervisory activity
• Be proactive in the use of smart phones/tablets for data collection and recording
REMUNERATION AND MODE OF EMPLOYMENT
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as
per IHI scales. This is a 12 months contract which may be renewable for one year depending on funding.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants from respective districts will be given priority and should also send an electronic copy of
application to the respective Regional Medical Officers (RMOs) through regional health secretaries
as follows (Mbeya- firstname.lastname@example.org and Kagera- email@example.com) copy to IHI
Human resources through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Mbeya is Friday 02nd September 2016, interviews will be held 9th September, 2016 at
Deadline for Kagera is Friday 16th September 2016. interviews will be held 23rd September, 2016
at RMO’s office.
All Candidates meeting the above job requirements should channel their application letters with
detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers, and
photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the following addresses.
The Chief Human Resources Officer
Ifakara Health Institute,
Dar es Salaam.
E –Mail: email@example.com,
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.