Open to Internal and External Candidates
Vacancy Announcement – IOM/KGM/044
Position Title :Data Entry Clerk( 2 Positions)
Duty Station :Kigoma Region
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment :Six months, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date :24th August, 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Medical Health Officer and direct supervision of the National Migration Health Physician and coordination of the IOM Migration Health Assessment Clinic in Kigoma. The incumbent shall perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Receives medical forms from the RSC, register, and transmits the completed forms to DaProFo – Nairobi.
2. Prepare lists of Medical Forms, Daily Schedules for Counselling, Laboratory and Radiology, Appointment Letters, Laboratory Codes; Chest x-ray labels and any other as required.
3. Ensure accurate and timely transmission of data and information to IOM Operations and partners as required.
4. Photocopy all medical forms and documents; from various countries, as requested.
5. File incoming/outgoing letters, memoranda, E-mails, telefaxes, as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical operational matters.
6. Maintain an accurate filing system of copies of all medical records.
7. Update files for archive.
8. Transfer records of medical documents from/to various medical sections including the Data Processing Center in Nairobi.
9. Assist in the issuing of requests for stationary and other non-medical supplies required for the medical department and maintain inventories of such supplies.
11. Perform general office support work.
12. Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 4 years work experience in Clinical Nursing
• Diploma in Nursing and registration with the Nursing Council of Tanzania as a Registered Nurse
- Training and experience in TB, STDs, other communicable diseases as well as immunization/vaccination programs is considered an distinct advantage
- Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be advantage
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word etc
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send applications to the address below;
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania
Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/
From 11.08.2016 to 24.08.2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.